17. I'm About to Die But I'm Hungry for a Cheeseburger

I woke up on the beach. Campers surrounded me.

"He woke up!"

"Wait-is that Percy!"

"He saved us!"

Chiron wheeled himself over to where I was laying.

"Good job, son" he smiled.

Annabeth came running behind him. "Percy!" she yelled. "That was stupid but also really heroic." She punched me lightly. "Don't do that again."

I smiled as she helped me up and everyone started clapping and cheering.

My stomach rumbled. It seemed to be saying, Dude you better eat a cheeseburger soon.

A "Percy" chant made it's way through the crowd of demigods.

Jason and Piper weaved their way through the crowd.

"I knew it was you!" Piper exclaimed. "Why didn't you tell us?"

"Well, it was kind of my secret identity. No one could've known that I was Spider-Man." I spread my arms to the crowd. "I guess now my secret is out."

"Dude!" Jason bear hugged me and gave a fist pump. "That was so epic!"

I grinned. "Yeah. I guess so."

"Per-cy" a voice bleated. "Or should I say Spider-Man?"

"Grover!" we hugged.

"How did you get those powers? I mean, your spider powers?" Grover asked.

I told the camp the whole story. They seemed entertained and scared by it.

"Peter would've been happy to know that Venom is dead" Chiron said. Campers nodded.

"I guess this victory settles for a party!" I yelled. "Who's with me?"

The demigods and satyrs alike cheered again and headed to the Mess Hall.

I held Annabeth's hand as we followed them.

Venom was dead. The camp was safe. I didn't die.

Annabeth tightened her grasp on my hand and smiled at me. "You saved the camp... again."

I smiled back at her. "That's what heroes are supposed to do."

MEANWHILE IN THE LAKE:

"REVENGE" a voice rumbled through the water. "REVENGE."