3. Annabeth Figures Out (of course)

"Percy. Tell me what happened back there in the cafe" Annabeth looked at me sternly as we walked home.

"Annabeth, I've told you already. I don't know" I replied.

I was getting my suspisions.

The events I saw in my dream vision had got to be related. This Parker person gave up on being this red suited guy and left it in New York City in a dark alley. But what about the spider? Why was it just waiting to bite me?

Ugh, I was turning into Annabeth again. I hated it when that happened.

Just then, a hand was waving in my face.

"What's been up with you? First, you arrive 40 minutes late to the cafe. Second, you randomly fall out of your chair. Third, your hands get stuck on the table. I don't even know how that happened. Fourth, you catch that plate full of food... with just your leg! And now, you are dazing out. This isn't your daily demigod problems. Something is up."

"Uhhh. Nothing is wrong?" I sucked at keeping things to myself.

Annabeth spotted my hand in my pocket again. Her eyebrows pulled together. I knew that look. She was on to something.

"Percy, let me see your hand."

I quickly pulled me hand out of my pocket and hid it behind my back.

"Uh... no."

Percy" she pleaded. "Let me see your hand."

When it came to secrets, Annabeth was on top of them. Plus, she always got angry when I kept something from her.

Slowly, I took my hand from behind my back and showed it to her. She grabbed it and examined my pimple spider bite, her eyes going wide. "I can't believe I didn't see this earlier!"

I just stood there awkwardly, not wanting to tell her the rest of the story.

Annabeth looked at me waiting for more. "Well?"

"I guess my body got confused. It moved my pimple to my hand and not to my face."

Annabeth rolled her eyes. "Percy, tell me the truth."

"Fine". I looked down and told her the whole story. From the start to now.

"Wow. Can I see the note and the red and blue suit?" asked Annabeth.

I hesitated for a moment but took out the suit and the note and handed them to her.

After Annabeth read the note, she looked at the red and blue suit. "Oh no."

"Oh no what?"

"I heard about this urban legend. Something that happened a couple of years ago when we were only little kids."

"What was the urban legend about?" I questioned.

"A man in a red and blue suit, swinging from building to building, fighting crime."

"My vision" I recalled.

"What vision?" Annabeth asked.

"After that spider bit me, I got these weird visions. It was about a man swinging from building to building, swinging with webs, and fighting these creatures. But they weren't our usual Greek mythology monsters."

Annabeth's eyes lit up. "These all have to be connected."

"That's what I thought" I added.

"We only need to do one thing" said Annabeth.

"That is?" I said.

"Find the former owner of the red and blue suit."

Are they going to find Peter Parker?