6. My Girlfriend Pushes Me Off of a Building

"I-I have to be... you?" I asked, clearly not happy about all of this.

"Yeah but only when you are Spider-Man. You can be Percy Jackson when you aren't in costume" Peter confirmed. "Also, you have to keep my identity a secret."

My guesses as to me being the new Spider-Man were right. I was kind of expecting it. But I didn't know I had to pretend to be Peter Parker while doing it. It's hard enough to fight crime. Now I had to keep 2 identities a secret! Mine and Peter's!

"I know. This may seem difficult" said Peter. "But we can work it out."

"What if a villian takes off the mask? Then what would happen?" I asked.

"Let's just hope that never happens." Peter looked unsure of it. His life was in the hands of a 17 year old. If my mask was taken off, my identity would be given away but so would Peter's identity. His villians would know that he was out there with no powers and hunt him down, get revenge. Most of them don't know who is behind the mask.

I sat there with my mouth open. How was this going to work?

"Oh, I forgot one important thing" said Peter and he reached into a deep spot in his desk drawer. He took out a machine.

"What's that?" Annabeth wanted to know.

"This," Peter smiled,"is how Percy can shoot webs."

For once in this conversation, I was interested. I grabbed it from his hand and put it on my wrist. It was like a mechanical bracelet, only bigger and with a strap button.

"To shoot the webs, you have to make the rock sign with your hand and you thumb out. Then, you just shoot your wrist forward, touching that strap button."

AN: In case you were wondering, this is the web shooter: (I love this new update)

I did what Peter told me and shot my wrist forward touching the strap button.

The web shot out. It grabbed a lamp on the desk. I took my hand away, the web still holding on to the lamp. The lamp fell and shattered onto the floor.

"Uhh. I'll pay for that" I blushed.

"No. You don't have to. That was pretty cool" Peter laughed.

I laughed too, happy I didn't have to pay for a new lamp.

"Now here's the real test. Shooting webs at buildings and swinging from them."

***

Oh crud, I thought to myself as I looked down at the ground distances away from where we were standing on top of a nearby building. Peter offered for me to jump off the Daily Bugle but I thought it was too high.

"You know what to do" Peter said. "Just point the web shooter to where ever you want to go. It's easy."

"Umm. Not really. What happened when you tried shooting webs for the first time?" I asked Peter.

Peter grimaced. "I don't want to talk about it."

"Exactly!" I shouted. "Now, let's get back down."

"No way Seaweed Brain" said Annabeth and she did something that I would never expect. She pushed me down. In all honesty though, this would probably be an Annabeth type thing.

I screamed a lot of curses that probably wouldn't be appropriate to repeat.

I remembered what Peter said. Just extend your wrist forward to where ever you want to go and the web will take you.

Before I could be turned into a Percy Pancake, I tapped the strap button to the fire escape on the building. I closed my eyes as the web took me to my destination.

I was relieved I didn't hurt myself. I was also amazed.

"That was actually pretty fun!" I exclaimed.

"See?" Peter asked from above.

I tried many more times. I got the occasional bruise but other then that, I was fine. I got more and more used to it until I felt like I had mastered it.

"Okay. That was pretty cool" I told Peter after we were done for the day. I saw that Annabeth must've left early.

"Now get some rest. Tomorrow, you're going to practice swinging webs away from enemies" Peter said.

***

"Percy, where were you all day?" my mom asked as I walked through the door. "You never told me where you and Annabeth went."

Uh oh. I forgot about my mom.

I knew I couldn't tell her about the whole Spider-Man thing.

"Well... Uh... Camp had an emergency" I said, rubbing the back of my neck.

"Is everything okay?" my mom questioned.

"Yep. All good."

I walked/kind of ran to my room upstairs (I didn't want to talk to mom anymore).

As I was taking offf my t-shirt for a pajama shirt. I noticed something in my mirror. I had more abs then usual. Like a lot more. I didn't have this much before I got bitten. I lightly punched my stomach and it felt almost rock hard.

"Woah" I said pretty freaked out by this but also really liking it.

I decided to put this all to rest. Tomorrow was going to be another fun day.

AN: Spider-Man is supposed to finally appear in a trailer for Captain America: Civil War tomorrow. I can't wait!