15. When Aliens Attack

I threw the wall to my side and faced Venom. I heard the whir of a hoverboard. Wait. It was the Green Goblin's glider!

"Why are you here? Why are you doing this?" I asked him.

"SPIDER-MAN IS MY MAIN ENEMY" He looked around. "I WONDER WHERE THE LAST ONE IS... OH, WAIT."

I yelled and charged. Venom easily glided to the left and I bumped into a tree, falling on my butt.

"NOT SO FAST" Venom taunted.

I needed a way to get him off his glider. Or destroy it.

Venom was distracted, admiring the strawberry fields. He was probably imagining the fields being destroyed.

I slowly got up, a branch in my hand. I was just about to swing it when Venom said, "YOU KNOW. YOUR CAMP IS BEAUTIFUL. IT'S ASHAME I HAVE TO DESTROY IT. BUT, I CAN'T DESTROY IT AND TAKE OVER NEW YORK WHEN YOU ARE IN MY WAY."

He titled the glider forward and it propelled right at me. Before it could impale me, I bent my back like I was doing the limbo.

This time, Venom crashed into a tree. His glider took the full impact. It's pieces were scattered everywhere. Venom couldn't fly in the air now.

As Venom sat there dazed. I ran up to him, I stuck my fist out and directed it to Venom's chest.

BOING! My knuckles seemed to have hit some type of shield in Venom's chest. I didn't care what the shield was because at that moment my hand started to throb and swell up. It was the same hand I used when I punched the glider while I was training.

No doubt my hand was broken.

I watched as Venom tapped his chest. "STEEL. ALWAYS WORKS. HURTS SOME PEOPLE TOO."

Blood clouded my vision. But it wasn't because of my hand.

Venom probably stole my silver slab while he was possessing me. Now he had another advantage.

I struggled to my feet, clutching my hand.

"AW. DOES LITTLE SPIDER-MAN HAVE A BOO BOO?"

"No but you're about to." I dove under Venom's legs, causing him to lose his balance. I quickly got up and shot a web around his throat, starting to choke him.

Venom struggled for a second then ripped his head out of my web.

He turned around and kicked me in the gut. It hurt for a second but I ignored it. I kicked him in the face. One of his teeth fell out.

He faced me and grabbed me by my arms and picked me up. He brought me back like a catapult and sent me in the air, flying toward the lake.

The impact of the cold water hit me hard but then I started to relax. This was my dad's domain. I could breathe down here and I could heal at the same time.

As I opened my eyes, fish came in my sight. Some of them seemed to be under me, pushing me back up to the surface.

"You can do it, son. I believe in you" a voice whispered in the water. Poseidon.

I kicked up with my legs. My hand wasn't broken anymore so I used my hands to help propel me.

When I arrived to the surface, Venom's shocked face was in my vision. "HOW DID-"

I jumped upward, doing a front flip and landed behind Venom. Before he could turn around and react. I pushed his back side into the water and jumped in on top of him.

We anchored to the ocean floor, wrestling.

Venom could breathe since he wasn't a solid form.

I seemed to have gotten the advantage this time since I was in the water. My movements came natural to me, while Venom's movements seemed to be affected by the water.

When he tried to punch or kick, it came to me slowly, causing me to counteract easily.

I pinned him down on the ocean floor making sure he didn't try any tricks.

Venom looked around, looking a little desperate, and then his face showed his hideous smile. He was up to something.

Before I could react, Venom opened his mouth and stuck out his tongue. His tongue hit my face. My hands tried to get it off. Alien slobber was gross.

As I was distracted, Venom shot up the water. I was on his tail but he had gotten a big jump and got more ahead of me.

I hit the surface 3 seconds after Venom did.

I saw Venom swinging above the treetops, looking for something.

I followed him, curious to see what he was doing.

In a minute, Venom dipped down. Again, I followed. I saw that he was heading toward a group of people. Annabeth, Piper, and Jason.

Uh no.

In a flash, I saw Venom swing down the level where the trio was and scooped Annabeth up as he made his way in the same direction he was going before.

"Annabeth!" I screamed.

Jason and Piper and a group of people started to run in the direction Venom took Annabeth.

I quickly stopped in front of them. "Wait. Don't fight him. I got this. I can get her back." And then I swung to Venom and Annabeth.

When I looked back, I saw that Jason, Piper, and the other kids stopped running. Piper said, "That's totally Percy."

I focused back on the task I had to do right now. Venom took Annabeth and would probably hurt her. I had to stop him.

Finally I caught up with Venom. He held Annabeth, putting a knife to her throat. In his other hand was some type of remote.

"Venom... You don't have to do this... Just, kill me. Leave her alone" I said.

Venom looked tempted but he tightened his grip on the knife. "NO. I'M GOING TO LEAVE YOU WITH A DECISION."

"That decision is?" I asked.

"IN MY HAND IS A REMOTE. THIS REMOTE IS CONTROLLING WHETHER OR NOT I LET THE BOMB, HIDING IN ZUES' FIST, GO OFF. IF THAT BOMB GOES OFF... THEN BYE BYE CAMP HALF-BLOOD."

"Get to the point" I said through gritted teeth.

"YOUR DECISION IS... DO YOU WANT CAMP HALF-BLOOD TO BE DESTROYED? OR THIS GIRL DEAD?"

I saw Annabeth shake her head sideways. She mouthed, Keep camp safe.

My eyes widened. "No, Venom... You can't do this..."

"TIME IS WASTING. DO YOU WANT BOTH CHOICES TO BE DESTROYED?"

"I choose the girl" I said quickly. I couldn't let Annabeth die.

Venom tossed Annabeth into my arms.

"Go" I told her.

Then, I put my mouth to her cheek, like I was about to kiss her. But actually, I whispered in her ear.

"Get more demigods" I whispered to her.

Annabeth looked at me a little confused and then her face showed that she understood. She ran off back to the main part of camp.

"YOU SAVED THE GIRL. BUT CAN YOU SAVE THE CAMP?"

I clenched my fists.

Venom clicked a button on the remote. " 5 MINUTES AND COUNTING. BETTER HURRY UP WITH THAT BOMB."