7. I Swing Away From an Evil Hoverboard

That night I had a dream. This time it wasn't about mythology monsters. It had to do with Spider-Man.

It began like this. Spider-Man was in a construction building. The black spider guy was also there, Venom, but Spider-Man was pulling a man out of the black web suit with his own webs. There were iron rods all around in a circle. Spider-Man was straining but finally the man got out of the suit. Venom was just a big spider mush thing with no one inside. It got bigger and bigger until Spider-Man took an iron rod for himself and hit it against the iron rods in the circle. Venom the Mush screeched. Spider-Man grabbed a bomb. The man was shouting, "Don't do it!". Spider-Man threw the bomb at the Venom mesh. The man ran up from his spot on the floor and jumped into the Venom mesh before the bomb went off. Spider-Man screamed, "Eddie!". A big explosion rocked the whole place. The dream zoomed into a little black spot falling to the ground after the explosion. Spider-Man ran the other way as the little black spot slowly grew and slithered into the shadows.

I woke up after that. The morning light shined through my window.

Peter probably knew about most of my dream.

I got dressed and took my back pack. The Spider-Man suit was still inside. I was excited. This was going to be my first time inside the suit. Hopefully it fits.

Peter told me to meet him on top of the same building at 12:00. I wondered what he would bring.

I left my mom a note, saying that I would be back by dinnertime. I wrote that I was meeting my friends. I hated lying but I had to cover up my secret.

After I finished writing the note, I headed outside and walked to the building to meet Peter.

***

"Hey Peter" I said as I arrived on the top of the building. Peter was in a lawn chair, staring at this grey hoverboard with 2 green wheels on the bottom. The wheels weren't touching the ground though. They were in line with the bottom board. A glider.

"What are you looking at?" I asked Peter. I saw a bigger flash in his eyes as I got closer. Just like the flash I saw when I first met him but bigger. Peter was remembering something.

After a while, Peter spoke up, "Something from my past. But in order for you to be ready in a battle, this is necessary."

"Are you sure that this thing isn't going to kill me?"

Another flash went in Peter's eyes. "Well, there's a possibility but this would be a big step in your progress for you to be ready."

My life was in danger every day. This seemed like nothing compared to what I have to face as a demigod.

"Alright. Let's get started. I'll put on my suit."

***

"The good thing: I fit in spandex. The bad thing: it smells in here" I told Peter.

"Wow..." Peter admired, "you look just like me."

"I think anyone will look just like you when they put on the suit."

"How do you feel in it?" Peter asked.

"Good. It's pretty comfy" I replied. "Thankfully, if I bleed in the suit, no one will see the blood." (Deadpool quote XD)

"True" Peter agreed. "It's always great to mask your blood."

We laughed. It seemed like Peter and I made a good team.

"Now what?" I questioned.

"We have to accomplish the task at hand. You have to swing away from this glider without it touching you. You can swing anywhere in the city. Just don't let the glider get to you" Peter said.

"Okay. So when do I star-" I was cut off because at that moment, Peter clicked the on button and suddenly the evil hoverboard was coming after me.

I ran off the side of the building. I clicked the strap button and aimed the webs at buildings, the glider at my tail.

I kept changing directions over and over again but the glider wasn't fooled. It looked like it was experienced with this type of thing.

People saw me below and they all pointed. Some took out their cellphones and video taped me. I heard a kid yell "Spider-Man is back!"

I focused my attention back to the glider. I faked it out, acting like I was swinging one way when I really wasn't. I aimed my web at the top of an alley. In the alley, I saw the glider fly past.

My plan worked! Annabeth would've been proud.

But my celebrations didn't last very long. The evil hoverboard was back and again it was heading right at me.

"Climb up the wall!" I heard Peter's distinct yell.

I made sure that my web was still attached to the top of the alley and started climbing up the wall, my hands and feet sticking to it.

This is awesome, I thought.

The glider stopped, confused, then it made it's way up the building to where I was climbing. The scary part was, it was going pretty slow.

I climbed up the wall faster. Finally I made it up.

After I arrived at the top of the building, I looked down. The glider wasn't going slow anymore. It sped up and was traveling right towards my face. When it came near me, I raised my fist and punched it, really hard. The glider was hit and it turned off plummeting towards the ground.

"Ow ow ow ow!" I held my hurt hand. It wasn't broken but I knew there was going to be a big bruise tomorrow.

The building Peter was on was right across from the alley that I climbed up. Judging by the big smile I saw as I swung back, I knew that he was proud at what he saw.

"That was really cool!" Peter exclaimed. "You killed two birds with one stone! You swung away from something successfully and you accomplished climbing up a building with your hands and feet!"

"Yeah, thanks. I was focusing more on the not dying part then what I had to do" I replied.

"That's good too" Peter said. "But you should go home and fix your hand. We don't want a new superhero injured."