Powerful but Clumsy? (A Zelman Clock Story)

OC Character Information

Name: Hayley Storm

Age: 18 when she was turned otherwise 918

Personality: Stuborn, Insitent, Straightfoward, could be classed as mean,Powerful, sleepy, extremely clumsy, quick tongue

Power: Shape Changer

Looks: Long black hair, pale, carries long black sword, wears dark clothes

Likes: Her violin, Dark chocolate, laughing at people's idiocy, Rock Music

Dislikes: Annoying people, White Chocolate, blues music & country music

Chapter 1

Hayley Storms POV

I flicked my long black hair over my shoulder, removing it from where it got caught under the strap of my leather dress. I walked down the many steps of my new apartment that Sei had given me after I arrived at the special zone three days ago. I had my violin strap over my shoulder and my sword in the hidden compartment along the back of the case. I wanted to play my violin so badly but after my first attempt at the apartment complex... well... let's just say there weren't happy neighbors. I'm not even a bad player! 900 years of practice took care of that. I chuckled to myself thinking about the disheveled look the man next door had when he literally nearly banged my door down. I rang Sei up after that and he ofered me a room near the place where they hold their special 'Special Zone' meetings. I accepted the offer after a neighbor on the other side of the complex popped into politely say 'shut up.' I walked into the building following the map he sent me via email. I checked my phones map for the third time checking to see if the door I was in front of was the right one, and that I wasn't about to walk into some random room with random people in. I shuddered at a menory of accidently walking into a men's bathroom. There are some things in life you don't need to see...

I opened the door to find a large room that looked reasonably soundproof. I put my violin down on the only table and opened it up. I put the shoulder rest on and tightened the bow in a couple seconds, (I was that desperate to play uninterrupted) and brought out some very worn sheet music. I decided to warm up first by playing a complicated piece from my childhood. It was a sad, slow and long winded piece. As I played, I closed my eyes and let the music bring back some of my childhood memories. Very sad ones...

Zelman Clocks POV

I had just sat down for the weekly (or however often it suited them) 'Special Zone' meeting, and I was already close to falling asleep or getting up and leaving. The meeting started 10 minutes ago but I had arrived late on purpose just cause I can.

I listened to the usual rant from Caine about being on time, or I should say I ignored the usual rant from Caine about being on time. I sat there with a smirk on my face that I know would really piss him off. He soon gave up on me and walked back to his chair. Sei decided now would be good time to start the meeting.

"I'm sure you all know of the new resident I welcomed into the Special Zone to help us with this Kowloon case" he stated calmly.

This was news to me! I hadn't heard anything about it! "I'm afraid that I haven't been notified of this but do enlighten me on who this new person could be." I was only even mildly interested because I have never known Sei to invite anyone here.

"She is a Shape Changer or Shape Shifter, whatever you want to call her. She has the ability to take on the form of anything she has seen and has the same type of immortality as a vampire... only she doesn't need to drink blood. She is extremely powerful and I believe she will be a lot of help throughout this case."

"She's also stuck with you as a partner..." I faintly heard Caine mutter.

That got my attention. "What do you mean my partner?" I said sitting up straight in my chair.

"You two are now some of the most powerful people in the special zone. So you will both be dealing with this case together. I would also like her to move into that mansion of yours because at the moment she isn't very happy at her apartment." Sei stated.

I took a while to think this through. A shape shifter living with me... a powerful one at that. 'This may turn out to be amusing.' I thought with a smirk. "Okay then. I will help and let her stay with me." I said, surprise making everyone go silent as they though my comment through. During this silence a beautiful melody drifted through the walls and into the room, stopping everyone, even me, from thinking and instead, completely focus on listening. It was a sad but beautiful tune.

I saw Sei smile a slight smile. "She hasn't changed at all." He said after the song had finished.

I didn't understand at first but then it clicked. It was the shape shifter playing.