[.3]

I sat down at my usual table as it was another lunch day. I pull out the sandwich that mum has made for me the other night as I quietly dig in. Micah isn't here again since he's still sick—well, he got the flu worse than his younger brother.
Suddenly a girl walks up to me as I slowly stopped my chewing to figure out why someone would want to talk to me."Um, how may I help you?"I politely ask her.

"I uh–um, was wondering if I could sit with you?" she quietly asks.

I squint one of my eyes at her before asking,"Is this like a little joke so that everyone in the school can laugh at me for thinking that someone would want to sit with me? Are you pretending that you want to sit with me?"

"No, no. But that is very cruel." she said."I recently got kicked out of my table and I've seen you around before and think that you are kinda cool."

I nearly choked on my sandwich when she said, kinda cool'. Never had anyone tell me that before and I believed it myself since I know that I'm not cool."Um, sure. Go and take a seat. Even though it's only going to be the two of us until you get tired of me."I tell her.

She places her tray down and sat right in front of me. As she went to pick up her cheeseburger, I looked closely at her. Shoulder-length black hair with her bangs cut in a straight line across her forehead, farmer tan skin with a nose ring and an industrial piercing in her left ear, faint freckle spread all over her face with blue/grey eyes and wearing black; looking like she just came from Tumblr.

"Um, why were you kicked out of your group?"I quietly ask, kind of nervous that I would reach her breaking point; if it was from something bad that happened to her.

She looks at me before responding,"They kicked me out since some of them saw me kissing a girl in the restroom." her eyes flicker with sadness."I guess that they don't accept gays or lesbians in the group, it's okay if you don't want me to sit here anymore."

I felt outraged since the group of jerks did that to a poor girl that is in love! But I can't do anything since they would laugh at me and call me pathetic."Hey, I still accept you in this table."I tell her."Even though I only knew you for five minutes. I don't think that you know, but I'm gay."

She looks into my eyes as a smile flash onto her lips."I thought I was the only one! Well, I mean—I don't like guys unlike you—"I cut off her ramble by responding,"Honey, everyone knows. Sadly everyone hates me for that and dressing so girly."

"I'm sorry that I didn't know that, I've recently moved here last month; I'm technically still new here. But I'm Nona Moon, I moved here from London." she introduced herself.

"Ashton Irwin, been here since pre-K. And that is one cool-ass name."I introduce myself as I reach my hand out for her to shake it. She laughs at my comment that I made about her name.

"Thank you, see? You aren't so bad! I don't know why people hate you." she smiles brightly. I start to feel better since I'm no longer all alone. But I still feel lonely since Micah isn't here by my side, holding my hand.

"What year are you in, Nona?"I ask, getting to know her a little at a time.

"Year twelve, but I'm seventeen. Is that normal at this high school?"

"Don't worry, it is normal. Thirty percent of the people in year twelve is seventeen years old. For me, I'm one of the rest that is eighteen."I inform her as I finish up on my lunch that mum made.

"What class do you have next?" she ask as she takes a drink of her purified water bottle.

"Chemistry,"I tell her as I packed up my things so that I don't keep being late to class.

Her eyes lit up in excitement,"So do I! Do you want to walk together? It would be neat to have at least a friend to hang around after all your others dumped you."

"I would like that, and I feel you with that part. It sucks not having any friends in general."I tell her.

The bell ring, signaling that class now starts in a mere three minutes as I went to get my things for chemistry. She walks up to me with a smile on her face as we start walking to the chemistry classroom."Would it be okay if I sit with you tomorrow?"  she asks me.

"Of course! It would be really nice to have someone to talk to when your boyfriend is absent."I tell her.

"I'm so late on everything, but you have a boyfriend!" she smiled, happiness was flickering in her eyes.

"Yeah, Micah Flynn."I happily tell her.

"Would he be okay if I sat with you guys?"

"Yeah! He knows that I don't kiss girls, plus he always urges me to make friends."

"You are a really nice person, I'm glad that I met you; you look at me the same when other people don't." she inform. Then we went to our lab tables and wait for the teacher to start the class.

It was another boring lesson about mixing chemicals and what would happen. The teacher isn't the type to demonstrate the reactions but to tell us what would happen. I would have a smug smile on my face when the teacher would say 'chemical' since I love a band called My Chemical Romance.

I usually doodle in my notebook to let time pass and to make the teacher think that I was actually taking notes.
Before I knew it, the bell goes off as I walk out of that class with Nona.

"What class do you have next?" she asks.

"Art, which is my favourite class."

"I have that class also! Let's start heading to that class so that we won't be late."

My heart was feeling full but not completely full; it feels slightly empty but I don't know why. My thoughts have been nagging me on this; I have Micah but he isn't here, I now have a new friend but I still feel empty....it feels like something is missing and I can't get rid of that feeling.

Good so far? ^~^