[.7]

It was the weekend and all I want to do is sleep. The sun's rays target my eyes as I groggily opened them and shift away from the sun. Suddenly I heard mum call for my name as I groan in annoyance since all I want to do is sleep.

"Ashton we have company!"mum's voice call from the living room. I sigh in annoyance since I now have to put on clothes for some person.

"Who the hell visits a person at ten in the morning?"I grumble as I got out of bed. I pull on my black skinny jeans and look inside my closet to see what shirt I have left available for me to wear. Which is a lot of pastel shit shirt that I bought. I grab a baby blue tie-dye shirt with the lettering melting saying,'don't let me show your mum your Tumblr'

Assuming that it's only my family I didn't bother brushing my hair. I walk out of my room as Harry was hopping out of his room which is across from mine.

Suddenly I saw a middle-aged woman and man talking to mum as I kind of stayed back. Mum saw me and beckon for me to come over."Ashton, this is Liz and Owen, our new neighbours from across the street." she chirp.

"Aw, you are a cutie! It's really nice to meet you." the middle-aged woman happily exclaimed as she went to shake my hand.

"Really nice to meet you Ashton." the middle-aged man smiles at me, awkward thing is that we're the same height.

"Ashton, this is Liz's son, Luke."mum smile. Sitting awkwardly on my couch is Luke Hemmings. My eyes widen in shock since he's at my house and we barely know each other from school!

"You two might know each other," Mrs. Hemmings interject while nodding at me.

Luke looks over at me and was taken back to see me. Now I feel embarrassed since I didn't bother brushing my hair and I didn't dress a little nicer. I look back at his parents and saw that they look perfectly normal; I assumed something else since Luke is all covered with tattoos. I don't know how they allowed him to get all those tattoos.

"Sorry for not coming over earlier since we were busy settling in. But today we thought it would be nice to meet all the neighbours."

"Would you like to sit down?"mum offered as they nodded in response. She told us to hang out in the backyard so that we can get to know each other.

My body stiffens as I showed him the way. Which is like your typical four family backyard; a shed, a huge tree and a small, outdated swing set that's been there since I was six.

"This was all so soon."Luke's voice breaks the awkward silence. I look at him to see those piercing blue eyes stare at me. Then nod in agreement before adding,"We barely know each other and here we are."

He nods and I just wish that I didn't have to be in this awkward situation and sleep for a few more hours.

"So.....do you like the new school?"I awkwardly ask, trying to get a good conversation going.

"No," he snorts."I don't like it here and wish to be back in my hometown." Well, what a nice way to answer the question. Then again, I can tell where he's coming from with that answer.

"Um....what do you like to do for fun?"I ask, not even sure why I would ask him that. He probably likes doing illegal shit and rebel against authority.

"Blare my music, play the guitar and have fun." he simply shrug. Well, maybe I was wrong with him going against authority. Like what mum said,"Never judge a book by its cover".

"Are you the only child?"I ask him, I was kinda curious about that, then again my brain was nagging me on that.

"No." he responds sharply. I waited for him to continue but he never did. Which turns out to be another long awkward moment between us.

I bit my lower lip to figure out on what else to ask him. I don't want to make him upset over something and end up not talking to each other. Since we are neighbours and I want to talk to him.

The sun is beating down on us and I could feel my forehead start sweating. I look over at him and saw that he's wearing all black.

"Um....cool tattoos."I quietly tell him. He looks over at me and slightly smiles at me."Got them done with a fake ID," he smirks in triumph.

My eyes widen,"How did you do that? That's bizarre man!"

"Not that hard," he shrug." the artist was stupid enough, he didn't bother since I don't look my age."

"Were your parents happy?"I softly ask since I can tell that he's sensitive with questions about his parents.

"No, what parents would be? But I told them that they had to deal with it."

"Your mum seems nice,"I tell him. Then felt awkward saying that about his mother.

"Yeah, she's good."

"What about your dad?"I ask.

"Owen is not my dad! He never will be! Don't even ask about him ever again! Okay?" he explodes in anger. I was taken back at his sudden outburst.

Then everything fell silent as we were back at the awkward silence. Well, this is an interesting start of the day.

The weird feeling in my stomach start forming again and I don't know why. He's attractive but I'm assuming he's straight since he didn't seem too fond with the fact that I'm dating a guy. Now I'm unsure about everything since I made him mad.

The back door opened and mum's head pops out saying that Luke's parents are getting ready to leave. He huffs before heading back in and leaving me standing out here alone.