[2.3-Luke]

In my hands held a surprise I wanted to tell Ashton for a while now. It was also for his graduation present—but I didn't want to create a huge problem with his family about it. I wanted to leave but I don't want to leave Ashton behind.

He's been by my side through a lot of stuff, for fuck sake, I beat the shit out of his ex! He's the only guy that I care about and didn't look at me differently when other people did. I snatch the surprise from the top of my dresser and sneak out of my window.

I went to text Ashton to meet up at the building since that's where I want to give him the gift. It will take a lot of persuading but I don't care. I want to be with him forever, I don't want to live in a world where people's judgements get in the way of our relationship. He's too priceless to be taken away from me.

I've always dreamt of living far away from all the bullshit, living in the freedom of just me and my lover. Discovering a new place and have a brand new beginning. Also getting rid of all the negative thoughts that clouds my mind almost every day. Years of being scolded for doing what I wanted to do; years of being judged by people because of what I look like. If I do what I want, I end up in jail—if I want to be who I want, I get judged.

And yet society wants us to be 'ourselves'.

I went ahead to text Ashton on what time he should arrive so I can get set up. Even though I'm known as the 'bad boy', I still get nervous around a guy I care about. Usually, I know what to say–with him it's different. I want him to like the surprise I got for him. To be honest, I get pretty fucking nervous with what I say to him.

I walk down the alleyway until I felt a lump in my pocket, I pull it out and it was the pictures from the photo booth. A smile tugs my lips as my heart swell with happiness. I was pretty fucking nervous in the third picture before we kissed—with him I felt a different connection than I did with my previous relationships. At that moment, I knew we were made for each other. He made me the happiest that I've ever been. He made me feel some kind of way that I never felt with anyone else before.

I reached to the rusted ladder as I put the picture back in my pocket before climbing up. Then went to tidy up the place just for him. I am really looking forward to seeing him and showing him the surprise I got for the two of us. The gift wasn't cheap at all—me being me I stole a few from Owen, it won't be noticed.

As I was tidying up the area, I start humming Reckless Abandon by blink to let the time pass.

I went to check to see if he was here yet, but no signs of Ashton just yet. I would understand that it will take him awhile since we live farther away from here. It did take me awhile just to walk here.

Or maybe he's having trouble picking out an outfit to wear since he does that.

*
I was sitting on the chest, my face resting on my fist and waiting for his arrival. I check the time on my cracked phone to see that it's been an hour since I told him to be here. I scroll through the text messages to see if I read it clearly or not, everything is crystal clear on my screen.

He can't just forget about it since he never forgets anything! He probably fell asleep or something like that.

Another hour passed and I went ahead to call his cell to see what the fuck is going on. It rang but he never picked up. Is he pissed off at me because I'm forgetting something? I know it's not his birthday since it's in July–along with mine. He didn't tell me any important information that I should know about.

Ashton never did anything like this before, it's so unusual of him. He's never late for anything. Maybe he's delayed since the city bus does take forever to get here. Maybe something came up and he can't pick up his phone? Which I don't know why since he can just tell me that he can't come tonight.

I went to check my phone again to look at the time, it's been three hours since he last pick up the phone. I went to call him again to see what's going on; again he didn't pick up. I start texting him to say that I'm sorry for whatever I missed and want him to meet me at the building.

My guts start tying into a knot when my mind starts thinking about the worse. My heart starts to race as I start calling him again. In the distance, I heard wails of an ambulance flying by. Must been some accident that occurred around the block I thought. He didn't pick up as I place my phone next to me.

"Why won't you pick up?"I quietly ask myself. He's really scaring me about this since he's never been three hours late to anything. His phone probably died? He's probably delayed of the accident? I was trying not to think of the worse case scenario.

All the sudden I heard my phone go off, I quickly glimpse to see who it was. I sigh in relief when I saw it was Ashton's caller ID, which I changed to babydoll the first day I called him that.

"Ashton? Where are you? Where've you been? You made me worry sick to my stomach!"I cried once I accept the call.

"Luke, dear? This is Anne, Ashton is in the hospital." her voice cried through the phone.

"What why?!"

"He was involved in an accident and me and his siblings are waiting in the hospital. We honestly don't know how it happened or when it occurred, we don't know how bad of the condition he's in. We would like for you to be there for him since would want you to be here." she sadly informs me.

"O-Okay,"I shakily answer as I ended the call. All at once my body stiffened as my knees were jello. My breathing shortened as I tried to climb down the ladder, I fell off the last two and laid on the ground for a few seconds.

With all my might I got up and start heading to the hospital. I fought hard so tears don't fall from my eyes. After walking to the hospital for ten minutes looking like I broke my legs I saw Ashton's mum and siblings there waiting for me.