1

Official trailer is above!

///

Date: April 11, 1998 (present day)

Location: Florida, Emerald Mental Institution

It's been one year.  One year and I haven't seen my older brother, Bellamy, ever since.

Now that I think about it, I haven't been able to see a lot of things for a whole year. In this mental hospital, there are no windows; no sight of the sun or moon. I'm seventeen years old for god's sake. I should be experiencing the good life at this age, but it's the complete opposite. If you could possibly see silence, I saw it. You can see this misheard voices here; the faces of shut mouths because if they truly expressed what they felt, they would never leave this place.

As for me, today is the day I can finally leave.  All I have to do is get through this dreadful interview with my doctor.

"Jaelyn, answer the question." My infuriating doctor, Dr. Lydgate, asked me repeatedly. I was oblivious to the sound of his irritating voice.

"I don't remember."

"Oh, but I think you do." Dr. Lydgate began taking out documents from his desk drawers one by one. "It's been a year now and you've been quite clear in your statements." He paused, clearing his dry throat.

"You claimed that you went far into the woods and witnessed a group called the lost boys and a boy by the name of Peter Pan. And you stated that you literally witnessed all these things by following the tune of a flute."

I stayed silent in my chair, refusing to make eye contact with Dr. Lydgate. I could only face the folded hands on my lap. It all sounded bizarre. The statements I said makes me sound like a complete lunatic; but even though it seems that way, I know it's the truth. The horrible truth.

"Reading it all out loud, it does sound quite preprosperous. Wouldn't you agree?"

"Yes." I responded, gulping down the lump in my throat.

"Good." He smiled, or rather smirked. "Just one more question and it's time we send you home."

In my head, I groaned heavily. All I've been wishing for is to get out of this mental hospital I call a 'hell hole' and today, my wish is going to come true.  I just hate the long process though; I've been so eager to go back home.

"When your father brought you to us, he was at his wits end. It was your ridiculous explanation that you've been searching for proof of this place. This...Neverland, which apparently is the place your brother, Bellamy, was taken to. This is all according to you of course."

I nodded. "Yeah that's what I said in the past. So, what's the question?"

Dr. Lydgate scooted his chair closer to the table and laid his hands there, folding them together.

"Do you still believe that story to be true?"

(flashback- one year ago)

"Bellamy! Wait up!" I called out. Bellamy is my older brother; only by two years though. He's eighteen and I'm sixteen, and yes you heard right. His name is Bellamy. Strange name I know, but my name is pretty strange too. But back to my brother, he is the one person I trust in this world. He defends me always. He's really the only one I feel safe with after we both lost our mother one year ago. We still had our father, but life wasn't as pleasant without her.

Let's just say my father isn't fond of communication anymore.

My father loved my mother very much. My mother sadly suffered from cancer, but my dad never failed to put a smile on her face and make her laugh.  When they were together, they always seemed in their happiest state. But then the day came when my mom had died, and everything changed.  My dad had to start dealing depression and unfortunately, so did I.