12

Well, shit.

With clenched fists, I closed my eyes tightly and mentally prayed that when I would open my eyes and turn around, I would see no Peter and that the voice I heard was all in my imagination.  I took a subtle breath and slowly turned my stiff body around to face him.  However, the person in front of me wasn't him.

It was her. 

I was face to face with the infamous Wendy Darling, and standing right beside her was the devil himself, Peter.  My eyes didn't pay attention to Peter, just on Wendy.  For some reason, this bad feeling came over me and I couldn't help but glare at her for a brief moment.  I now knew why every lost boy wanted her.  She was perfect.  Her blonde, wavy hair seemed to be in great condition for being in this Neverland environment. Her eyes were a beautiful hazel color. Plus, she was certainly prettier than me, no doubt about that. 

"Jae, ever heard of a thing called privacy?" Peter said out of the blue, making remember that he caught me telling Bellamy his 'secret' I suppose.

"Well obviously, it wasn't that private considering it was out in the open for anyone to see." I smirked, crossing my arms.  Bellamy let out a snort of laughter, but immediately covered his mouth when Peter stared at him, giving him a sign to go away.  Bellamy anxiously nodded and walked away, leaving me alone with Peter and Wendy.

Great...

"Jaelyn this is Wendy.  Wendy this is Jaelyn." Peter introduced, ignoring my response from before like I never said anything.  He probably ran out of comebacks.

"Hi, I've heard a lot about you." I took Wendy's hand without warning and shook it, forcing myself to give her the friendliest smile I could ever give. 

"Oh yes, I've heard a lot you too." She smiled, not minding my hand shaking gesture.

Even her voice and accent is perfect.

"All good things I hope." I laughed hysterically.  Okay, maybe I'm trying to hard to be friendly.  Wendy giggled and although it looked real, I was sure it was fake.  The way I'm acting towards her is even making me cringe.

"You're really pretty by the way." She complimented. I really hope her compliment wasn't fake.

"Thanks." I genuinely smiled, putting my arms behind my back.

"So you agree? You think you're really pretty?" Her random question had caught me off guard, causing me to tremble over my own words.

"Um...I don't--I don't know." I stammered, mentally slapping myself for making the situation more awkward. It must've been awkward enough for Peter to finally leave, which was a good thing that came out of this. Now, it was just me and Wendy.

"So, how long have you known Peter?" I decided to go on with our conversation; hopefully it will turn out better this time.

"Too long." She replied with raised brows.  We both laughed, and this time it was real.

"Are you two still together?" I asked, hoping I didn't sound pushy.

Instead of getting a serious answer, Wendy scoffed. "Oh please, Peter and I were never together and never will be."

"Oh, I just thought--"

"That I was his first love? Yeah, people need to realize that Peter can't love. You will not find 'love' in his vocabulary." She stated with an amused expression.

Wendy is now officially my new best friend.

"Yeah. Besides, who would love Peter anyway?" I commented, laughing at the thought of someone ever loving that devious green-eyed devil.

Wendy thought for moment before saying,
"Well, there was this one girl. I heard it from a story, but I don't think it's true." She mentioned, walking over to a log.

I followed her. "What story?"

"That there was a girl that actually did fall in love with Peter, and that Peter may have loved her too. They were really happy together, but all good things must come to an end." She told me as we both sat down on the log.

"Why? What happened?"

"You know how I said that Peter can't love?" She reminded me, whispering.

"Yeah." I replied. Wendy turned her head to see Peter training with the boys, making sure he was occupied so he wouldn't pay attention to us.

"Well in the story, when Peter supposedly loved this girl, it came with a price. Once he started falling in love, the sand in his hourglass started running. He was dying. So, Peter did whatever it took to make the sand stop running. He killed her."

"Oh my god." I said, a bit shocked. I know Peter is an ass, but damn.

"Now, Peter can't love. His hourglass is half full. If he falls in love again, the sand will start running out again and he will die."

I remained speechless. Peter was such a horrible person...and he still is. Of course he would kill the girl just so he can save himself. So really, Peter never loved her. If there's anything Peter loves, it's himself. I shook my head at his selfishness.

"But like I said, I don't think it's true. It is a story after all. Peter just can't love because he's too in love with himself." Wendy added, chuckling.

I faintly laughed. "Right."

For the remainder of the day, Wendy and I got to know each other pretty well. I learned new things about her like how she loves to sing and her favorite food is curry; and I learned that the bra found in Peter's tent is not hers.

When night fell, the lost boys danced around the fire as they usually did. Wendy was talking with Peter and if I remember correctly, it looked like Peter was scolding her. Poor Wendy.

Everyone seemed to be occupied doing something whether it was dancing or talking, while I sat alone with nothing to do. I would've talked to Bellamy or James, but they were busy 'celebrating' with the other lost boys. I decided to use this lonely time to head over to my tent and sleep early.

But I had trouble falling asleep, because for the whole night I remained wondering:

Did Peter really love a girl? And if he did, who was she?

A/N: what do you guys think of Wendy? Like her? Hate her? Mixed emotions?? Oh, and leave your thoughts on who you think Peter loved, or if he did love.