13

*Just in case any of you have forgotten, James is Peter's brother and is the character played by Thomas Sangster. He was in previous chapters.*

-day 8-

Believe it or not, I have survived the first week of living in Neverland.  I'm quite impressed with myself that I'm in good condition and that I haven't hurt myself yet. I've learned to become really careful when it comes to my surroundings.  As Peter says, 'anything can happen in Neverland' and I certainly don't want anything to happen to me.  All I need to do is survive and knowing Peter who basically controls this place, he is not going to make the next twenty-three days any easier for me.

Also, I am proud to say that Wendy and I are good friends; maybe even best friends.  But, something is telling me that there's something wrong with her.  Not that I'm calling her crazy or anything, but I feel like she's hiding something; and I think that something has to do with Peter. 

They have been having many private conversations together.  Sometimes when Wendy and I are chatting, Peter will interrupt and drag Wendy along to god knows where.  It makes me very suspicious.  Suspicious enough to follow them, which I know wouldn't make me a good friend to Wendy, but I think I can handle it if she gets angry with me.  After all, I did handle the fact when everyone in my town thought I was crazy.

So I created a plan, sort of.  The next time I see Peter drag Wendy along with him, I'm going to secretly follow them.  I know my plan seems manageable, but it can go terribly wrong it Peter catches me.  But, how hard can it be right?

I was currently training with James, and I was surprisingly having fun. For the past few days, I have dreaded training because I was horrible, but I have improved with the help of James. I would train with Bellamy, but he tends to get me distracted with his unnecessary comments. Now, I have grown to like training thanks to James, but I'm starting to believe that I may only like training because James is involved.

What? He's cute. Plus, he's my only guy friend on the island besides Bellamy. The one thing that isn't so cute about him is that he's related to Peter, and it's weird because they act like complete opposites. James is sweet and Peter is...not. Definitely not.

"Is there something on your mind?" James asked suddenly, obliterating my thoughts.

"Nope. Just preparing for my shot." I brought my focus back to my training. Right now, I'm practicing knife throwing, which I have become pretty good at. It's my best skill out of everything else.

"Why do I not believe you?" He foolishly quirked a brow, tilting his head to the side.

I ignored is comment and swung my knife towards the target, envisioning myself aiming for Peter's heart. Shockingly, my knife hit the direct center of the target. In the inside, I wanted to jump up and down for my accomplishment, but I proudly smirked.

"I'm officially a badass!" I cried out in front of James, also receiving some attention from the lost boys. James applauded me and I bowed down with a 'thank you very much'.

"You're not a badass until you have a sword fight with a lost boy." James pointed out.

I scratched my head, pretending to think. "Yeah, maybe some other time."

We both laughed for no particular reason, just for each other's presence I suppose. It was nice having a boy friend. Boy friend, not boyfriend. Although it wouldn't be a bad idea for James to be my boyfriend...