8

-day one-

Reluctantly, my eyes opened from the streaks of sunlight peeking through the tent, nearly blinding me. I sit up and stretch my arms above my head, yawning intensely. When I get off the bed, my foot accidentally steps down on a boy's back lying down on the dirty floor and he wakes up immediately.

"Ow!" The boy yelled, his body springing up.

Once the boy's face was uncovered, I was glad to know it was the lost boy, James. It feels good to see him again, but now I feel terrible because this tent probably belongs to him and I took his bed.

"Oh god, I'm sorry James." I apologized, slapping my forehead.

James stood up, recovering from the back pain I just caused. "For what? Stealing my bed or stepping on me?"

"Both."

James rolled his eyes, smiling. "You're gonna have to make it up to me, you know."

I shot him a suspicious look while crossing my arms. "Alright. How so?"

James yawned and scratched the back of his head, messing up his bed-head hair even more. "I don't know, but I'll find something for you to do eventually."
He winked as a joke I assume. Moments later, James took of his shirt, making my eyes widen a bit. My eyes helplessly wandered down to his abs, and I looked at them for a good ten seconds or so. Good thing he was focused on folding his shirt, otherwise he would've seen me staring like a creep. After James folded his shirt, he set it down on the bed and walked towards a pile of clothes on the ground, picking up a sleeveless shirt.

As he was putting on the new shirt, he asked,
"So buddy, you excited that this is gonna be your first full day in Neverland?"

"Yeah! TOTALLY!" I answered with a large amount of sarcasm. The only thing that can make me excited is if I see Peter fall off a cliff. That would make everyone's life much easier without him around.

"You're gonna be fine, trust me." He assured, patting my back in a friendly manner. "Now let's go outside shall we?"

"I guess we shall." I said without enthusiasm, then following James out of the tent.  The sun acted as a spotlight on us once we were outside.  I felt very uncomfortable due to all the stares James and I were getting from the other lost boys.  They all grinned thanks to their dirty minds, probably thinking that James and I did something together since I was in his tent.

Some tried to hold in their smiles and laughs.  The only boys that didn't seem so cheery were Bellamy and Peter; their expressions were blank towards me.  Their expressions were unreadable, but I knew whatever they were thinking couldn't be good.

"Come on, let's go get breakfast." James motioned his head over to a table full of bread and I nodded in agreement.

James already started making his way to the table and before I could follow him, someone behind me got a hold of my arm. At first I thought it would be Bellamy, but it was Peter.  Shoving my arm back, I backed away in disapproval.  I don't need Peter touching me anymore than he already has.

"Jae, you know you had your own tent, right?" He cocked a brow, pointing to a tent.

"Oh.  Good to know." I replied, emotionless. Peter certainly didn't like my simple response.