5

My vision gradually darkens and my head starts to hurt like crazy, that it can't function what's happening. The last thing I remembered was that I was no longer on the ground, no longer in my room, and no longer in my apartment building.

I was in the sky.

'''

Something about the atmosphere didn't seem right.  My eyes were still sealed together, but as I rolled over on my other side, the ground felt like wet soil, almost mud like.  My skin had a sort of stinging sensation, mostly on my face. It felt like my whole body was covered with bug bites and small rashes. A chilling breeze made my body shiver.

I was definitely not inside my apartment anymore, but somewhere outside.  My head was pounding freakishly before I opened my eyes. When my eyelids managed to open, a variety of shapes and colors blurred around me. Things slowly became more precise as I squinted and blinked repeatedly. Soon, my vision became clear enough to study the area I was in.

Awareness came in a flash when I realized where I was. In a forest, in the middle of the night. But this wasn't your typical forest, it was the forest of Neverland. Neverland is the one place the shadow brings its victims to. This was strange and in some ways frightening.

Actually, very frightening.

I laid on a blanket of dirt, some grass and moss peaking out. The aged trees circling the area were skyscraper tall and had creaking branches. Their huge roots were twisted, widely spread throughout the forest floor. The color of the sky was nearly a pitch black. The only light that was provided was from moon.

The sounds I heard were what interested me the most. By interested, I mean worried. Worried because that was when I officially knew I was in Neverland.

That sounds I heard were the cries of children. I remember reading that when night falls, the air is filled with the sounds of crying children who miss their parents and the shadow never lets them leave. The sound of their cries echoed in my head.

So many thoughts scrambled in my beating head.  Fear was setting in and there was nothing I could do to stop it.  No comforting words or thoughts.  Nothing reassuring came to mind in the situation I was in.

Okay, I need to leave now. And I mean, now.

I try to get up from my spot, but an unexpected wave of pain washes over me. The pain was deep within the arm I was resting on, stinging and burning. The feeling was far from alright. I wince in pain as I hold onto my arm for its support. So despite the agony from my arm, I was able to get my two feet on the ground.

And in the far distance, I thought I heard an evil laugh. That deep laugh sounded familiar. I can sense this unusual presence, feeling someone's eyes laid on me, as if some predator was watching me like its prey.

"Are you lost?"

The predator had finally spoken its words and at that moment, I knew exactly who this predator was.   Immediately, I spun around to the direction where the voice came from.  And that's where he was.  The predator.  The demon himself.  The boy who ruined my life.

In the shadows, my eyes met with Peter Pan's.

Of course, he looked just as youthful as he did the last time I saw him. Nothing really changed.  Even now, he still has that evil smirk planted on that face of his. And I hate to admit it, it scared me.  I knew it was dumb to be scared, but I couldn't help it. What devious thoughts are going through his insane mind right now?