10

"But you know Peter, I have a feeling that not every part of you is insane."

After Peter and I spent our time fooling around outside in the rain, we eventually went back inside the cabin when the rainstorm was becoming more serious. Peter had prepared soup for dinner and later on, it was time to sleep. Unfortunately, there was only one bedroom with one bed and he decided to take the room for himself. But thankfully, he made the couch reappear in the living room again so I could have a place to rest.  As I laid on the couch, I only thought about the future and what will life be like once Bellamy and I can finally leave Neverland.

If we go back to the real world, we can build a greater relationship with our dad, but our lives may even be more chaotic than before.  I can already picture police officers asking where Bellamy has been all this time for the past year, since everyone thought that he was murdered.  And what about me?  Just when I got out of the mental institution, I disappeared that night because Peter's shadow kidnapped me.  What do I say when I'm asked where I was?

As I continued pondering about the future, my thoughts began wandering off and I knew I was falling asleep. In a matter if seconds, my eyes were shut closed and I rested on the couch in peace. That was until I heard a scream.  Now, it was normal to hear some unusual sounds during the night, since the air is filled with the sounds of crying children, but a scream?  This is different.  And it definitely wasn't a scream from a child, it sounded like it came from a teenager.  But, being ridiculously tired, I ignored it and my eyes remained closed.

But then I heard the scream again, and it sounded more intense.   This time, I decided to wake up.  My eyes opened and I jolted my back up from the couch, only to find that I wasn't in Peter's cabin anymore...
I was in a cave. Well, that's what it looked like anyway.

How did I get here?

I still sat on the couch, clueless on what to do and confused on how I ended up inside a cave.  Then, I hear the scream again, and it was definitely nearby.  For some reason, my stupid instinct told me to follow the scream so that's what I did.  The scream also sounded familiar in a way, but I couldn't seem to make it it out.

Strolling through the cave, I was unaware of where exactly to go since the screaming stopped. Maybe the screaming was in my head? Maybe I'm just going crazy? That's normal, right?

I guess you can say I was in deep thought because as I was walking, I had bumped into something. I thought it was the cave wall at first, but it wasn't. It was a giant hourglass filled with running sand. I knew exactly what this hourglass was. It held Peter's immortality. The sand inside was almost running out, meaning that Peter's life would soon be over.

"Jaelyn!" I heard a voice cry from my far right. When I turned my head, Bellamy was sat down on the rocky floor with his body leaned against the cave wall, looking incredibly weak and sweaty.  Never in my life have I seen him look this bad.  Not only that, but he was chained.

"Bellamy! What happened to you?!" I rushed to him filled with worry, slightly smacking his cheek repeatedly to keep his eyes open.

His voice was shaky, but I was able to understand the word that came out of his mouth.

"Pan." He whispered the name.

Bellamy gazed behind my shoulder with alert eyes, and I had a great feeling that Peter was right there. I twirled my body around and there he was, Peter Pan. His face was expressionless, but I could tell there was something wrong. Glancing down, there was a beating heart in his hand and it frightened me to think that was Bellamy's heart.