15

"I got you. It's going to be okay." The words of a familiar voice continued echoing inside of my head, slowly removing the unwanted thoughts.

Breathe.

Just breathe, Jaelyn.

I took careful breaths, telling myself it's going to be okay, even though the mystery person carrying me was already saying those words.  I remained having my eyes sealed shut, letting my head sink into the person's hard chest to hide my face.  My cheeks were awfully stained with tears.  I hate being seen like this.  I hate that I showed everyone how weak I was, and it's all thanks to Peter. 

I thought I would never experience another panic attack ever again, but clearly I was wrong.  Peter's words really did sting this time, and I hate him for it.  He made me feel worthless.

Thankfully, my racing heart was able to go back to a steady beat, and I could finally breathe normally.  As my head rested on the mystery person's chest, I was able to hear his heartbeat, which was surprisingly going at a rapid rate.  I wonder who this person can be, someone so thoughtful to take me in their arms and show care for me.

Suddenly, the person carefully places me down onto a mattress.  I knew the bed couldn't be my own because this bed was actually comfortable.  I slowly lifted my head and opened my eyes, finding myself in a tent that wasn't mine.

It was Peter's.

My body had tensed up and froze when my gaze had made it to Peter standing in front of me.  My heart sank when our eyes met.  After the craziness that just happened, I thought Peter would look at me as a joke with those piercing eyes of his.  But no, his eyes reflected regret, something that I have never seen from him.

Why would he help me though?  I wouldn't be in this mess if it wasn't for him!  How could he say such hurtful words with so much pride and then suddenly care for me the next second?  It doesn't make any sense.

Peter bent down on one knee, eyeing me with concern.  I looked away from him, wiping the excess tear stains off my face.  Although he carried me here, I still hate him for what he did. 

"You scared me, love." He said suddenly, his voice much more soft than usual. 

It weirded me out.

"I scared you? Peter, you started it! You're the one who caused everything!" I roared, not being as loud as I wanted to be due to the fact I still felt weak.

"You must hate me now." He sighed.

I scoffed, shaking my head. "Correction, I've always hated you. You are, by far, the most irrita-"

"But I don't hate you." He cut me off, and I stared at him blankly.

"If you don't hate me, why did say that? You knew how much your words would hurt me." I said in resentment, my voice becoming louder.

"I didn't think you would reaction would be that bad."

"Well, you were wrong. Jerk." I hissed, standing up and shoving him out of the way.  I can't stand Peter's presence any longer as of right now.  If this were a cartoon, steam would be coming right out of my ears.

"Hey!" He called out, but I ignored him and kept on walking to leave.  But before I could exit the tent, Peter magically appeared in front of me, making me bump into him.