16

"Ahem." Someone loudly coughed, which instantly made James and I jolt apart.

When I looked up at the person in front of us, I inhaled a sharp breath, for I didn't exactly like what I saw.

Peter freaking Pan.

Peter's jaw was clenched tightly as he stared at James, his eyes going dark.  I swear I thought he was going to kill him right there in his spot.  You know, I suppose it is a good thing that Peter interrupted my almost-kiss with James because it could've ruined the plan for him to fall in love with me anyway. But still, I really wanted to kiss James.

Peter's vile gaze then averted to me, making me mentally groan a long 'ugh' to myself.

"Jae, I think we need to have a chat." He said straightforwardly, his bitterness crystal clear. 

"No thanks." I responded coldly. 

James did say to just continue being myself towards Peter, so that's exactly what I'm doing.  I seriously don't see how Peter is going to fall in love with me though, since I'm not necessarily...nice to him.

"I didn't ask for your permission, now did I?  Come, now." Before I could protest, he grasped my arm and made me follow him to his ever-so-famous tent. I try to wiggle out of his grip, but I fail miserably.

When we enter the tent, he finally releases my arm, leaving a weird tingling sensation.

"What do you want, Peter?" I demanded, fully exasperated.

"I don't like the idea of you flirting with my lost boys." He stated, his body a little too close to mine for my liking. This made me take one step back away from him.

"Okay first off, I was not flirting. James was the one who was making the move. Secondly, why do you care?"

"It's distracting." He replied, before looking to the side. For some strange reason, this amused me. I held back a grin, placing a hand on my hip.

"To the lost boys or to you?" I seethed.

"I'm talking about the lost boys." He claimed, sounding a bit too sure of himself if you ask me, like he's trying to convince himself.  In subtle disbelief, I raised my eyebrows at him.

Peter was obviously bothered by this. 

"It's the truth!  The lost boys, including James, need to focus on other things besides--kissing and all that nonsense." He told me, containing his temper.

I rolled my eyes.  "Focus on things like what? All they do is eat and sleep and train and--"

"And why do you think I make them train?" He cut me off, leaning forward slightly.

"To keep them occupied?" I guessed, shrugging my shoulders. 

I had assumed that the lost boys train so much because of the dangers here in Neverland, but the thing is, they haven't been in any crisis yet.  It makes me wonder what's the point of training if you can't even put the skills to use.

"No." He sighed in a provoked way.

"Then what?"