reception butt-ins

Eleanor's POV

I can tell my new husband isn't enjoying this party at all and neither am I, so I can't blame him, but I have to put on a brave face. We're sitting at our table watching the guests as they mingle around while eating and chatting amongst themselves.

I'm too scared to even glance at him just because he looks like he could snap at any moment. We didn't speak much after the ceremony in the church. On the way to the reception in the car he didn’t say a word, and just held my hand or kept me close in some way.

I wasn't comfortable at all, but I had to suck it up for the moment. People were constantly coming up to us to congratulate us. I was thanking them most of the time while Harry simply offered a curt nod. The more people that came up to us, the more I could sense his rising irritation.

Yet, he did nothing about it - at least for the moment. I remove my hand from his and place it on my lap. Harry turns to me with a quizzical expression.

"Are you alright?" he asks.

"Yes, thank you. I just feel weird doing this," I gesture between our hands, "This is all too sudden,” I reassure him as nicely as I can.

"We are married you know?" he mumbles with a cheeky smile that exposes his dimples. It was too much for me though. He is way too handsome to be this close too.

"Yes, I recall saying 'I do'," I grin sheepishly.

"No offense, but I'm bored as shit. What are you supposed to do at weddings?" he comments.

"I don't know, it's not like I've been married before," I shrug.

"Oh, right! You used to be rich," he mutters.

I snap my head up to look at his unfazed expression. What an ass!

"So, 'wife', what are our plans for tonight?" he asks, making the gesture for air quotes as he says the word wife.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, it is our 'wedding night' and newlyweds tend to do stuff."

"I'm not having sex with you if that's what you're asking," I answer in shock.

Harry smirks but leans down closer to me. With his index finger, he traces my shoulder up into my collarbone. It manages to give me goose bumps, but I have to physically restrain myself from smacking his hand away. After all, this marriage has to seem believable to other people who might be watching us now.

"Are you sure about that, my wife? We can have some fun while this thing lasts. And I don't know how I'll be able to keep my hands off of you looking like that," he breathes into my ear.

People turn to look at us and I force a laugh.

"It's not going to happen!" I snap, turning to face him with a wide smile. He grins back at me and then leans in to kiss me. If it wasn't for the fact that hundreds of people were looking at us, I would have slapped his face away.

But I let him kiss me and I kiss him back. Yet I feel absolutely nothing but cold lips moving against each other. I push him away after a couple of seconds because his hands are getting really touchy.