two hotheads

"You showed me love
Glory from above
Good Glory, dear
It's all downhill from here."

Eleanor’s POV

I watch as both of my best friends get out of the rover they took to come meet me at the mall. Harry set this up for me. I am amazed by how Harry is so understanding and make ends meet for my happiness. Despite everything going on at the moment, he granted me this…a day to just be a teenager with my friends.

I click the lock on my phone before storing it away. I don’t want to be distracted unless it was utterly important. Today I am not Eleanor Styles. I am Eleanor De Suaveterra - a normal non-married 18 year-old.

"I've missed you loves!" I greet my friends with warming embraces to both. Leslie sticks out her tongue at me then grunts when I punch at her ribs. 

"What was that for?” she asks, massaging the area with a hand.

"I don't know really just instinct I guess?" I chuckle, looking over to Analiy.

Analiy rolls her eyes before holding her arms out to both of us.

"Come on now children," She says sarcastically, Leslie and I grab an arm and then set forward to go into the mall.

"Can we eat first? I'm quite hungry," I ask. On cue my stomach grumbles, making all of us laugh. Analiy then guides us over to the food court picking out a small booth. Over the next few minutes we order quietly on the tablet provided. There are various food chain restaurants so neither of us gets the same thing. I stuck to Chinese, Analiy ordered Italian cuisine, and Leslie went with Mexican food.

"So, what's happening in your lives at the moment?" I ask before they can get to me with questions.

"Well, the semester isn't over and I've contemplated suicide about 100 times now." Leslie mumbles letting out a stressed sigh.

"Why's that?" I murmur, leaning over the table so that my attention is solely on Leslie.

"Ummm, school sucks?" Analiy answers for her instead in a duh tone.

"It can't be that bad? You definitely have much more freedom than high school right?" I point out.

"Oh yeah, freedom. They don't mention that it won't matter how much freedom you have - you'll be drowning in so much work." Leslie mutters bitterly with a rueful smile.

"Well, what else do you do besides school? I can't imagine that takes up all your free time?" I ask.

"Thankfully we don't have to work on the side. It’s something admirable yet tiring for some of the students here. But I've joined the Thespians and took up soccer," Analiy shares, smiling proudly. My eyebrows shoot up as genuine shock but also happiness evade me.

"That's amazing, do you like it?"

"It works for me and yeah, I genuinely enjoy both," she answers with a beaming smile on her face. I feel a stab of happiness for Analiy soar itself through my system. It makes me happy to see my friends strive in things.

"I'm in the writing club and I took up some art classes. They're fun I guess but I don't enjoy it much with all the homework I get,” Les chips in.