Epilogue One

"Tell me what we have today, Tony?' The paramedic asks her co-worker while getting the charts off another medic on the scene.

She feels bad when a beautiful brown haired girl shows up on one of the gurneys coming out of the house. The girl doesn’t look like she is older than twenty and here she is fighting for her life already.

Tony hands her the chart for the girl and she reads over it hastily.

"Eighteen, her name is Eleanor and the guy on the other gurney is her husband, twenty three, his name is Harry Styles." Tony explains.

"Both received singular gunshot wounds. She has it on the left side of her chest, between the third and fourth ribs. She had to be incubated on scene because one of her lungs collapsed. Poor girl was practically choking on her own blood." 

They both work on getting them inside of the ambulance.

"The male received the wound above his belly button. We have reason to believe he's internally haemorrhaging severely in at least three different vital organs. He was responsive but only asked about his wife and wasn't very cooperative. I'll ride with him in the other ambulance." Tony says once Kim sits down.

She nods and he shuts the door. The car takes off.

"Heads up Montoya starting I.V,"  Kim alerts her co-worker.

"Copy, all clear."

"You're doing good, Sweetie. Just keep breathing," the woman says close to Eleanor's ears.

"Squad 37 to North Westchester Memorial. En route with 18 year-old female with singular gunshot wound to the chest. Pupils are responsive and she seems conscious." Kim says into her radio with the nurse at the trauma center.

"Copy. Approximately how close are you?" The nurse asks.

"Twelve minutes," she says after checking the GPS next to the monitor.

Suddenly the heart monitor starts beeping off the hook so Kim lookss all Eleanor over until she sees the blood. The girl seems to be bleeding from between her legs heavily; it concerned her. There could only be one reason for that much blood.

"Preparing to use ultrasound on her abdomen. She's haemorrhaging," Kim says setting up the girl with a portable ultrasound.

Kim rolls the monitor over her belly until she sees something that shocks her. 

"Montoya, you need to speed up this car!" Kim shouts at her partner.

Montoya frowns in the mirror but Kim speaks into the radio.

"Squad 37 to North Westchester Memorial. Female gunshot victim appears to be about four months pregnant. Prepare for possible D and C." 

"Roger that." 

Kim looks down at the poor girl breathing heavily into the mask. The poor girl most likely didn't even know she was carrying.

"You have to fight now sweetie. There's two of you that depend on you now." Kim whispers, taking the girl's left hand into her own holding it.