Gavvie has a crush!

Picture of Gavin above
.
.
.
.

GAVIN

"What the hell man?" Danny has his hands in the air, fuming. He's angry but it's not at Lily. He's angry with me because I didn't tell him that Lily would be staying in my house.

"Dude, chill. What did you do to make her push you into the water?"

When I came home looking for Lily, Miriam told me that she went down to the lake and that Danny came looking for me. When she mentioned Danny's name I all but ran out of the house. Danny may be my best mate but he can be a total dick sometimes. I didn't want Lily to fall for his act because she is special to me and I didn't want to see her get hurt by Danny.

Wait. What? Where did that come from? I barely know this chick and already I'm acting possessive. I seriously got to get my shit together.

I walked down to the lake and found them sitting side by side. Just the thought of them together caused my stomach to churn. I was getting ready to go over there and give Danny a piece of my mind when Lily jumped up – Danny following behind her. Lily's back was turned towards me, limiting my vision. To someone standing on this side of them it would seem as if they were kissing. My anger had reached its limit by then. I started walking towards them again and the next thing I saw was Lily pushing Danny into the lake. I laughed loudly at Danny's lame attempt to get out of the water. Lily turned around and my breath caught. The sun shone behind her – causing her to glow. Her long, tanned legs seemed to go on for miles. Her eyes shone with anger and her mouth was pulled into a thin line. A light breeze blew through her hair – making her locks float in the air. She looked like an angel. Consumed by her beauty, I start to walk towards her. When I got closer I saw that Danny was still in the water. This made me laugh again and Lily's sweet laughter joined mine. Miriam came running with a towel in her arm. She gave it to Lily – who gave it to Danny, after I helped him out of the water. Once Danny finished drying himself, he looked at me – pleading me to get rid of Lily. I didn't have to do that though because she seemed to get the memo. I watched as she retreated back into the house.

"Dude, are you even listening to me?" Danny waves his hand in front of my face, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"What did you say?"

"I said, what the hell is the woman from the coffee shop doing in your house?"

I shrug and motion for him to follow me. We walk around the estate in silence. I knew that he was going to find out sometime, but I didn't want him to find out so soon. I still have to think of what to say to him when he found out about Lily. I gather all my thoughts and just start talking.

"Last night while I was waiting for a cab to take me and that girl to her house I saw Lily lying uncomfortably on a bus bench. Her bags were tucked close to her and she seemed so scared. I don't know what possessed me to send the other girl home, but I did. I went over to Lily and kind of scared her. She punched me and almost sprayed me with maze. I learned that she lost her job and home so I offered her a place to stay for a while until she could get back on her feet. First she didn't want to accept but after a lot of convincing she finally agreed." Danny still didn't look convinced so I decide to step up my game. "And do you know the best part?"

"What"

"She doesn't know who I am."

His eyes almost pop out of their sockets. "What? No way! Are you serious?" His smile covers his whole face and I can tell that he's excited. "She's the first woman you met who doesn't know who you are. How is that even possible?"

I smile brightly. "She's different from the others, man. I don't know if she's acting not to know me or if she really doesn't know me, but for my sake I hope it's the latter."