Revealing more

Gavin

We rush towards the entrance of the plane. Lily jumps up and down, her eyes twinkling with excitement. When we enter, her eyes widen with amazement. The flight attendant ushers us to our seats. Lily takes a seat by the window and I make myself comfortable next to her. The captain's voice cracks through the speakers, announcing our take off.

A soft hand envelopes my own, startling me. Lily's thumb is caressing my palm lazily. She moves closer to me, until we are nose to nose.

"Are you okay?" she asks.

"Y-yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

Her thumb keeps moving in slow circles, distracting me. "You are shaking really badly." she states, softly.

I look down to my own hands, to see that I am shaking, really really badly.

"I guess I have learned what you're afraid of." Her sweet laughter breaks the tension a little bit.

My throat closes up from fear. I didn't want her to find out about this. This is why I don't let people in. My world is so dark and grey and I don't want to drag Lily down into it.

"Hey." Delicate fingers clasp on either side of my face and pulls me to face Lily.

When I look into her eyes I expect to see pity and sadness, but all I see is understanding and a flash of something else I can't quite place.

"Don't be scared. It's just a plane. You have great people working for you, so I can assure you, they won't let you get hurt. I won't let you get hurt, okay?"

Not physical. Emotional? Definitely. I am on the verge of admitting my feelings for her and this scares me so much.

She closes the space between us and place a sweet, yet passionate kiss on my lips. The world around us fell away. My hand reaches up to rest below her ear. Her thumbs caresses my cheeks. I run my fingers down her spine and pull her closer until there is no space left between us. Lily's hands travels down to rest on my chest, where my heart is beating frantically.

I run my tongue across her bottom lip and press it to the seam of her mouth, asking for access. When she gives it to me, I delve inside her mouth. Our tongues dances an erotic dance, neither one of us breaking away.

After what felt like an hour kissing, Lily starts to pull back. She places her forehead against mine. My arms circle around her waist and her's wraps around my neck, pulling me impossibly close. Our breaths mingled as we try to gather some much needed oxygen.

Before Lily gets back in her seat, she places a soft kiss on my cheek. She smiles sweetly at me, making me grin.

"That is certainly a way to make me forget my fears." I whisper.

Lily laughs loudly and lets out an adorable snort. She covers her mouth, her eyes wide. My slow chuckle turns into a deep laugh, which took my breath away and made me look like a retarded seal. The muscles in my neck relaxes for the first time since this morning, making me feel lighter than ever before.

"Are you going to tell me where we're going?" she asks, interrupting my laughing spree.

"Nope." I pop the 'P' a bit too much.

Before Lily can say anything, the flight attendant walks up to us, asking if we wanted anything to drink. I turn to Lily to ask her what she wanted but she's not paying attention. Her eyes are glued to the window as she watches the plane start lifting off the ground. I watch her for a moment, a small smile finding its way onto my face.