Sweet Temptations

New cover above!!!! Thank you so much CoverOven for the lovely cover.*

.

.

.

LILY

I watch as all of their expressions turn into one of shock. The laugh I have been holding in seeps through and the silence fills with the sound of my laughter.

Shocked faces turns in my direction as I continue laughing. Max and Joe soon follows. Adam and Gavin is just standing there looking exactly the same. Henry has a small smile on his lips as he watches the scene unfold. Danny is surprisingly quiet. He's looking at Gavin with an unreadable expression.

Deciding to break the tension, I walk around Joe and up to the guys. Thanks to Adam I now know which one is which so I don't have to say the red headed one and his clone.

"Joe, this is Henry, Max, Adam and Danny. Everybody this is Joe." Joe shakes each of their hands.

When I get to Gavin I start to talk but Joe interrupts me. "So this must me Gavin then." Gavin nods and Joe continues, "Nice to finally meet the man that's making my girl smile again."

Again, Gavin's shocked gaze falls on me. He stares at me for a moment before turning back to Joe.

"Glad I could help." He then gives me a look that says we'll talk about this later.

I nod softly before turning to Danny. "What do you guys have planned for today?"

"Nothing much. We were just going to watch the game. Do you want to join?" His looking at Joe and not me so the question was probably for Joe.

Joe catches on and replies quickly. "I don't want to intrude."

Danny gives Gavin a pointed look, making him fall out of his shock. "You're not intruding. I insist."

Joe smiles widely. "Then I would love to watch it here. Who's playing?"

"The Dallas Cowboys and some other team I haven't heard of." They keep talking as they all walk out of the kitchen.

I drown them out and think about what I'm going to do all day. Then I get a brilliant idea. I walk over to the cupboards and grab all the ingredients I need.

I look down at myself and cringe. I had completely forgot I was still in last night's clothes. I quickly run past the guys and up the stairs. Since I showered this morning at Joe's house I just pull on a pair of clean underwear, my light washed jeans and a red sweater. I look down at my open feet and decide to pull on my purple socks with the mini Winnie the Pooh bears on.

When I'm done I go back downstairs and into the kitchen. I pull the ingredients closer and start to get to work.

I begin measuring and mixing the ingredients as I listen to the men shouting.

"What are you doing?" I jump and turn around to face a serious looking Gavin.

"I'm baking cookies." I wipe my flour covered hands on my jeans. "I hope you don't mind."

His seriousness falters and a soft smile breaks through. "Not at all," he steps closer to see what I'm doing. "Where did you learn to bake?"

"Me and my Nan use to bake a lot" I give him a sad smile as I think of my Nan.

His brows farrow. "Why do you say you use to?"

I add a little bit of sugar to the mix. "I lived with her before I moved to my apartment. We had so much fun. We would sit and laugh at the weirdest things. It was great for a while but then she got sick. She had to be moved to a nursing home. After that we didn't do things that we use to because she was too weak."