Meeting the guys

LILY

The water feels lovely as I lower myself down into it. It's just what I need to relax my aching muscles.

Today had been way too stressful. First the apartment searching. Then the thing with Gavin. And then the showdown between him and Jack.

I feel totally drained of all energy. I turn onto my back and float in the water. The afternoon sun is very refreshing as it casts a glow over the water and across my body. I stare up into the blue sky and watch as the clouds move into one direction and the sun in the other. Birds are out and about, flying various directions in search of food. Leaves are rustling as the wind whispers its way through them.

My thoughts are interrupted by a car driving up the gravel. The sound is muffled by the lake's water, but I hear it nevertheless. I quickly straighten myself in the water and turn my gaze to where the sound came from.

A sleek black car stops behind Gavin's. Four guys pour out of the car and start walking to the house. I immediately recognize Danny in the crowd but the other three I don't recognize. I quickly pull myself onto the deck and wrap the towel around me. I'm about to walk up to the house when I hear a commotion. A red headed man all but runs in my direction and as he draws closer I see freckles spattered all over his face. His brown eyes twinkle with mischief as he draws near. He is the only one with a big smile plastered on his face, though. An exact replica of the red headed man follows quickly behind him. The only difference between the two of them is that the man behind Red has chocolate colored hair and he's sporting a scruffy beard. A few steps behind him is a man with blonde hair. He looks more like a model than a normal man. His green eyes holds so much intensity that I have to turn away from them.

Red is the first one to make it to me. Behind him Gavin and Danny looks very worried. Mister mysterious, Red's replica, has no facial expression what so ever as he stares blankly at me with serious eyes that resembles Red's. They must be twins.

Red steps up to me and studies me as if I am a creature that he has never seen before. He rakes his gaze from top to bottom, making me shy away.

He smiles brightly and turns to Gavin.

"Dude, why didn't you tell me homo was here. I would've came sooner if I knew. How did you get her to come to your house anyway?" Red's questions go on and on but my focus stays on one word in particular. Homo. As in a lesbian?

My eyes jump to Gavin in search of an explanation. His face is one of fear and when he sees me looking, he shifts his gaze to the ground.

Red is looking between me and Gavin with a look of confusion.

"You told them I am a lesbian?" It comes out as a whisper and I can clearly hear the hurt in my voice. A sharp gasp escapes Red as he puts the puzzle pieces together.

Gavin doesn't say anything. I look at the other men and in all of their expressions I see pity.

I turn my attention to Red.

"Hi, I'm Lily. I don't know what Gavin told you about me but I can tell you that it's not true. I am definitely straight and not gay. And even if I was gay, you don't have the right to speak about someone the way you did just now." I glare at the rude man.

"I'm sorry. I must've mistaken the situation."

Red glances at Gavin looking for answers. I don't wait for Gavin's reply. I just push past them and walk up to the house. Heavy footsteps follow me but I don't dare looking back.

A warm hand envelopes my wrist and pulls me back. I pull my hand out of Gavin's grip and fix him with a hard glare.

"What do you want?"

Behind him the others are watching us with caution but I ignore them.

"Lily, I can explain." His face turns pleading.

"You can? Then tell me why the hell you would tell them," I gesture to the men standing at the edge of the deck, "that I'm gay?" I place my hands on my hips.

Gavin rubs his neck uncomfortable. He shuffles his feet nervously and glances back at the others.

"I'm sorry okay. You didn't fall for my charms and I just thought that you didn't like men."

I gape at him open mouthed. He waits for me to answer but I'm too shocked to even blink.

"Just because you think that every girl should fall over your feet every day, doesn't mean that I should."

I turn on my heel and run into the house. Once I'm safe inside my room, I lock the door behind me. After a moment I hear rapid banging on my door and a desperate Gavin trying to apologise. I ignore him and walk to the window.

I grab one of my books and take a seat in front of the window. Gavin's knocks stops after a moment and I hear his steps retreating.

.
.
.
.
.
.

And done!

Sorry for the short chapter. I tried to make the guys sound realistic so if you have a problem imagining them just tell me and I will see what changes I can make.

If any of you have any suggestions on how I can make each character more believable you can send me a message or comment.

Thank you for all your support! I really hope you enjoy this book.

Vote, Comment, Fan my page for updates and news.