Year 2 | The Whomping Willow

THEY ARRIVED AT at King's Cross Station in the nick of time and rushed through the crowd of muggles, careful to not bump into the sea of non magic users, until they reached the platforms nine and ten

THEY ARRIVED AT at King's Cross Station in the nick of time and rushed through the crowd of muggles, careful to not bump into the sea of non magic users, until they reached the platforms nine and ten. Harry and Ron stood behind all of them with Lily stood next to Ginny, their carts rested front of them. Both Ginny and Lily's carts were full, stacked high with their luggage and Caspian sitting in his cage hooting slightly as Lily shifted her cart. Lily had gotten Ginny quite a few outfits and school uniforms, along with a pair of shoes. She'd gotten her most of her school supplies such as books, quills, parchment, and some other items as well. But Ginny's favorite gift was a purple Pygmy puff named Arnold; her new pet. Fred and George bred it over the summer, and it took quite a while. Pygmy Puffs resemble little fluffy balls that roll around, squeak, and come in various shades of pink and purple.

"Oh dear! The train'll be leaving any moment! All together now!" Mrs. Weasley directed, signing for the children to go. Listening to their mother, Percy, then Fred and George, ran quickly into the brick barrier that divided the platforms, and disappeared, business as usual then.

"Go on, Ginny. You know what to do." Mrs. Weasley gestured, smiling sadly as she knew her last child and only daughter would be off to Hogwarts, beginning her first year at the magical school in which Molly Weasley had shared so many memories, not to mention her husband and children's.

Lily could see the nervousness in Ginny's face at she looked towards the wall, her eyes dancing wildly across the bricks, this was the only thing keeping her from learning how to use her magic, how to control it. Lily looked over at her, "Want to do it together? I did it with Ron last year, and it seemed to help." she offered Ginny holding out her hand. She smiled as she nodded and grabbed onto Lily's hand, taking a deep breath and turning back to the wall. Lily looked back at Harry and Ron one last time, "I'll see you on the train." she said, and as they nodded she ran through the brick wall with Ginny at her side. When Lily opened her eyes, she turned to Ginny to see her eyes were still closed and she was gripping her cart and Lily's hand tightly, knuckles turning white from the strength of her grip. "You can open your eyes." Lily laughed, wincing slightly as Ginny neglected to loosen her grip even as she opened her eyes. She gazed in awe at the sight of the Hogwarts Express before her, dropping Lily's hand as she spun around. Mr. and Mrs. appeared behind us and smiled at Ginny's expression as Lily rubbed her hand slightly.

"Come, girls. We'll find you a seat." Mr. Weasley gestured waddling towards the train. Arthur Weasley helped Lily and Ginny take their things from our carts and onto the train, panting slightly at the weight of their luggage before muttering a charm to make them weightless. Lily made sure to grab Caspian's cage before boarding the train, trying to not rock the black and white speckled owl. Mrs. Weasley found them an empty cart room, and they entered, sitting down on the blue and green plaid seats.

"Goodbye, girls!" Mrs. Weasley smiled.m an hugging her daughter before she turned to Lily. She almost expected her to just smile and wave goodbye, but she's Molly Weasley, the woman who she barely knew and already felt as if she were another mother. Of course she gave Lily a hug. It gave her a nice feeling, as if her mother was hugging her, as if all her problems melted away. Mrs. Weasley pulled away with tears welled up in her eyes as she waved at them and the two Weasley parents left the train. Lily sat next to Ginny, closing the cart door, occasionally sending worried glances out of the window.