Year 1 | Seekers and Keepers

Hello readers

Hello readers. Please do not comment making corrections on the Quidditch Team positions of any characters such as James Potter, Sirius Black, Oliver Wood, etc. As this is a fanfiction, canon facts are changed/adjusted to better support the fanfiction main character. Thank you.

HERMIONE GRANGER AND Lily Potter reached their first Transfiguration class early enough to examine their surrounding, which they would be around all year.  Each desk in the classroom sat two students and in all, there were four rows of desks. Professor McGonagall's desk was located towards the right side of the classroom and at the very front and center of the room, a pedestal and a perch for an owl stood. On Professor McGonagall's neatly ordered desk, a stiff and focused cat sat, watching the students file in.

     Lily sat down beside Hermione and they got to work in sync..  She then looked up on the chalk board and saw the instructions Professor McGonagall had written for the class, so she went to writing. Ten minutes after class had started, Harry and Ron had finally found the classroom and ran in, disrupting the working silence of us students who arrived on time.

     "Whew! Made it." Ron let out a sigh of relief as he looked around the room and did not see a teacher. "Can you imagine the look on McGonagall's face if we were late?"

     Lily rolled her eyes at their obliviousness to the fact that the class started ten minutes ago and everyone was quietly working. The two boys had watched with wide-eyes as the cat sitting on the desk morphed hey stared, wide eyed, as McGonagall changed from a cat to her normal form. She walked over to them with a stern look on her face and they knew just by her expression that they were gong to be scolded for their tardiness.

     "That was bloody brilliant!" Ron exclaimed. Harry's mouth dropped open.

     "Well, thank you for that assessment, Mr. Weasley." Professor McGonagall responded, "Perhaps it would be more useful if I were to turn yourself and Mr. Potter into a pocket watch? That way, one of you might be on time!"

     Lily loved the fact that even though Professor McGonagall was scolding Ron and her brother, did needed not raise her voice in order to get the message through.

     "W-We got lost." Harry spluttered.

     "Then perhaps a map. I trust you don't need one to find your seats." McGonagall retorted and proceeded back to her desk. Harry and Ron found the empty desk meant for them and sat down to begin the given assignment.

 Harry and Ron found the empty desk meant for them and sat down to begin the given assignment