Chapter 17

Luke groaned, trying to keep his eyes closed. He just wanted to sleep a little longer, but the sun was shining on his face, making it hard to do so. He pulled the covers over his head, but it was no good. Eventually, Luke got up and opened his eyes.

Sitting up in his bed, he ran his fingers through his hair, trying to remember the night before. He saw his clothes laying across the floor, as well as Caroline's. A small smile appeared on his face as he looked to his left, seeing his beautiful girlfriend. He had almost lost her.

He watched the slow rise and fall of her chest before getting up and going into the bathroom. He looked at himself in the mirror and shook his head. He looked so tired. He then started a shower, letting the warm water wash away with his ongoing thoughts.

He so badly wanted to marry Caroline, but she had said she was scared. Then something clicked. A letter. He could write Caroline a letter that would tell her what married life would be like. Why he's glad she stopped him from marrying Lizzy. Tell her how much he loved her and what she meant to him.

All the ideas popped into his head as he washed himself. Soon enough, he was out. He wrapped a towel around his waist and proceeded to shave his thickening stubble and brush his teeth with his mint flavoured Colgate toothpasted and electric toothbrush. He then used mouthwash, combed his hair, and gelled it. He smiled into the mirrow, showing his extremely white teeth.

He walked into the bedroom and Caroline was sitting up in the bed, looking groggy. She was running a finger from her tear duct and along the length of her nose. "Morning, baby," Luke smiled.

Caroline looked up, her breath catching in her throat as she scanned over his body. He was definitely attractive. His body was a big plus, but the love she had for him was still more important. "What time is it?" she asked, trying to forget that Luke was wearing nothing but a towel.

"Why so nervous?" Luke chuckled.

"Excuse me?"

"Your voice is shaky," Luke pointed out. "What? You like what you see?" Luke then proceeded to shake his hips, the towel slipping off of him and he blushed.

Caroline tried not to stare, but how could she look away from him. Luke quickly wrapped the towel back around his waist. Caroline giggled, shaking her head. "Baby, you don't need to be embarrassed, I've seen you naked before."

"That kind of makes it worse," Luke sighed, but then, changing the subject, answered Caroline's questioned. "It's probably roughly noon."

Caroline looked at the clock. Her eyes bugged as she noticed it was half past three. "Oh, no! I have a hair appointment!"

"Can't it wait?" Luke asked, trying to keep her around.

"No. I need to get in the shower," Caroline said, getting up, she ran to the washroom and locked the door.

Luke sighed, a small smirk appearing on his face. This would give him time to plan that proposal. He wanted to do something special for her. Something they both loved. Caroline loves sunsets, he loves fishing. A sunset fishing trip sounded perfect to him. Luke quickly got dressed, found a piece of paper and pen, then went downstairs and sat down at the island. He carefully inscribed Caroline's name along an envelope. He dotted the 'i' with a heart, trying to be cute. He then started on the letter.

Dear Caroline,

How crazy is this? We are in love. It's amazing. I never thought we'd make it this far. I want to thank you. You took me in as your friend. I was a senior and you were a freshman. I didn't think a beautiful, young girl like you would allow lousy old me into your life. Then again, you also allowed me to be your boyfriend, so I must have done something right.