Prolouge.

Picture is a little rough, but eh. I drew it in a rush and couldn't be bothered fixing it. Also.
BRAND NEW STORY!!!
Enjoy... Or don't.
It's your choice.

Also I don't own any characters!

I hugged my mother just before she grabbed onto my fathers hands. They swung across to the other side just as I had done before.
The crowd was cheering. Everything was great.... And then it wasn't.

Time slowed down as I saw them fall. The trapeze had become unscrewed and came apart.
I saw my mothers face change from happy to horrified.
Saw my father's face, I knew he was trying to think of a way he could save her. But there was no time.
I saw them hit the floor. I heard the cries of the audience.

I fell to my knees and sobbed. Thinking if I should just jump off the podium and join them.

Eventually one of the circus staff, a friend of my mothers, climbed up to get me down from my high perch. I cried into her shoulder as she carried me down.
__________________________

"Hi." The red haired girl said.

I sat on the grandstand. The police had given me a rug to rap myself in.
Right in front of me was the place they landed. Police were everywhere, taking photos and looking for evidence.

The red head looked at me, waiting for me to respond to her greeting. But I didn't. I just kept looking forward.
She sat down next to me.

"I'm sorry for your loss. You must feel. Well actually. How would I know how you feel."

"You don't." I said flatly, continuing to look straight ahead.

"Yeah. I don't. My mother died giving birth to me. So I never met her."

I turned my head slightly towards her. Seeing her in my peripheral vision.

"Anyway. I'm Barbara and I'm seven years old. What's your name?"

"Richard. People call me Dick and I'm eight."

"So. How long have you been an acrobat?"

"All my life. I was born in this circus."

"Cool. I live here. In Gotham."

"BARBARA!" A police officer yelled. "Barbara. Come on. We're going."

Barbara looked at the man that was calling out to her.

"Oh. That's my dad. I've gotta go. It was nice meeting you Dick."

She then ran off and left the tent with her father.

"Hmm. Nice girl." Someone behind me said.

I quickly turned around and saw a man sitting behind me. He was wearing some kind of mask over his face.
Before I could even say anything he jabbed something into my neck and the world went black.