Chapter 14

"Where is he? I thought he would be here by now."

"Calm down. He's obviously surveying the area. We've made it obvious that this is a trap." Deathstroke said over the radio.

Slade. No. Deathstroke. He didn't let me call him Slade when he was in his gear. Don't ask me why.
Deathstroke stood up on a high platform in the circus tent. While I stood right in the centre. Barbara hanging over me.
I actually kinda felt bad for Barbie. I hadn't expected to keep her up there for so long. Her arms would be killing her. But Fake Grayson was taking so long and I can't let her down until he's dead.

A figure emerged at the entrance of the tent. When it came into the light I saw that it was Robin. My target and clone.

"It took you long enough." I said as he continued to walk towards me.

"Where is she!" He demanded.

"Stop playing. You've been observing the area. Probably using thermal cams or something techy like that. You know where she is."

Grayson then looked up.

"Don't worry miss Gordon. I'm going to get you out of here."

"Kick his butt Robin!" She shouted down.

He looked back at me.

"So are we going to fight?" He asked.

"Of course. But first, a few rules." I stated. "One. If you die Barbara will be set free. If you break this rule and don't die, well, the girl dies."

Robin then smiled. "Nah. I got a better rule." He then cupped his hands around his mouth and shouted.
"K-F!!!"

Suddenly a yellow blur ran into the room, knocked me over and the. Stood back next to Robin.
Robin then looked beside him at the boy in yellow.

"Your meant to get Babara." He said to him.

"Oh right." The boy said.

The boy became a blur again then travelled up the pole and jumped towards the trapeze Barbara was hanging from. Barbara then disappeared as the blur took her.

"Deathstroke!" I yelled, getting up.

"On it!" His voice said.

A metal door then closed up the entrance to the tent so the blur was trapped. But it obviously didn't realise and ran straight into the thing. Barbara and the boy fell to the ground.

"Owww" I heard him cry. "Barbara. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. Just let me rest for a. While..."

Barbara then fell unconscious.

I looked up and saw Deathstroke jump down. He landed behind the speedster and swung his sword at his head. The speedster dodged it and they started to fight.

I looked over at Robin. He was watching his friend as well. He's distracted. Perfect chance to strike.
I drew my sword and ran up to him and swung.
He turned around and realised he had a sword coming at him. He then ducked under the incoming blade and charged forward grabbing me by the waist and tackling me to the ground. He had me pinned underneath him. And his grip was strong.
A yellow body suddenly hit Robin and he fell off me.

"Sorry man!" The yellow speedster shouted as he got back up and ran at Deathstroke.
Deathstroke quickly moved to the side, held out his arm and ended up coat-hangering the boy.