Chapter 3

The big double doors stood in front of me. Etched in the wood of them was pictures of people being crushed by other people. The corrupt being crushed by the civil.

Slowly I reached my hand forward, grabbing the metal ring and opened the door.
I felt mixed about the room. It was decorated with shelves filled with old books, A fire place, some old weapons hanging on the wall. It felt comfortable. But gloomy at the same time.
Sitting on a large chair behind a desk was the great Ra's al Ghul.
I knelt down when I saw him.

"Master." I said. Addressing to formality.

"Rise Grayson." He said, getting out of his chair.

I got back up and look at Ra's. He wasn't looking very well. Like he was old and sick.

"I suppose you are wondering why I called you here Grayson. Not many juniors get called into my personal den."

"Um. Yes master. I am,"

"Well. I think it's easier to explain if I show you."

He grabbed a remote from his desk and a picture appeared on a screen behind him. It was of a boy in a red costume. Looked around my age. Had black hair, wore a mask and had a yellow R on their chest.

"Does this person remind you of someone?" Ra's al Ghul asked.

"No. Master. I've never seen this person before."

"That wasn't my question Grayson. Who does it remind you of?"

I studied the picture a little more. And it hit me. The hair. The build of the body.

"It reminds me of myself." I answered.

"Yes. That is because it is you."

A confused look fell onto my face.

"I'm sorry but pardon."

Ra's moved and stood next to me. He then pointed at the screen.

"That boy." He then moved his finger to my chest, "That boy is your clone."

"My. My clone?"

Clone? What the heck was he talking about?

"I don't know how but someone managed to get your DNA. They then must have used it to create a clone of you. I wouldn't be surprised if it was those scientist at Cadmus. I also don't know how but the Detective managed to take the clone and made it his sidekick. Named. Robin."

"The detective?"

"Oh right. Sorry. The Batman."

The Batman. The batman has a clone of me, that's his sidekick. Not cool. And his name is Robin. That's what my mother used to call me. That's really uncool.

"I'm going to give you a new mission Grayson. I know it's only been a few hours from your first one. Which I hear didn't go very well."

"Yes. The flash interrupted." I said.

"No matter. We will have another shot at Mr. Stagg. But right now, your new mission is to track down Robin. And kill him." Ghul said, "will you be able to handle that."

"Track down myself and kill me." I smiled. "Child's play."

"Do not underestimate this clone Grayson. It may be you. But it has the training of the Batman, A dangerous foe. So I'd dare say the ward is just as dangerous."

"I will not fail you master. I will complete this mission whatever the cost."

"Good. You will set out for Gotham tomorrow." Ra's put his hand on my shoulder. "I am trusting you with this mission Grayson. Don't let me down."

I nodded.

"Now it's late. Get some sleep. Go to the hanger in the morning. A plane will be there to take you to our Gotham hideout."

He turned and went back to his desk. I left the room and started walking down the hallway towards my living quarters.
On my way I passed the entrance to the dungeons of punishment. You can hear the screams echo out of the doors that lead down there. Members of the league that have failed to follow orders or failed to complete their mission due to stupidness.
I should be down there, with John. He's down there because of me. Because I wouldn't listen to him. All my fault he's in agonising pain right now.

I kept walking past the door. Trying not to listen to his scream.
I made it to my quarters, which was just a small room with nothing but a single bed, window and cupboard. It had a good view though. The window saw out to the neighbouring mountains.
Oh yeah. The league of assassins training facility is on the side of a really high snowy mountain.
I laid on my bed and looked at the ceiling.
Why did Ra's al Ghul address this mission to me personally? Was it because the Batman is involved? And if so then why is he sending me? Shouldn't he send someone more advanced for this. Like maybe Sportsmaster or that spider-like guy.
And how the heck did someone get my DNA? When did someone get my DNA?

These thoughts stayed in my head until I finally fell asleep.