Chapter 4

The flight took all day. I arrived at the outskirts of Gotham at night, on a secluded airstrip that was owned by the league of assassins. I walked out of the jet and was immediately greeted by one of the members of the Gotham assassin branch. A man in an armoured combat suit with orange painted shoulder armour. He had white hair and an eyepatch.

"You must be Dick Grayson. Ra's al Ghul told us you were here on urgent business." The man said. "I am Slade Wilson. I've been ordered by Ra's to get you ready to face your opponent."

Slade Wilson. I've heard of this guy. Said to be one of the most deadliest assassins in the world other than Deadshot. But I've also heard that he's been taken down by the Batman multiple times.

"Slade Wilson. Also known as Deathstroke." I said. "I've read your file. You've got quite the reputation of getting beaten by the bat."

"And your the kid who failed his first mission." He retorted. "Here's a life tip kid. Don't be an asshole to the guy that's better than you. Now follow me."

We walked toward the main base beside the airstrip. I surveyed the area as we walked.
The numbers of the assassins in Gotham were thinning due to the batman so this place was getting smaller and smaller. The last time I was here was for a training exercise a few years ago. The place was huge and had assassins almost everywhere. Now looking down the airstrip and at the walls of the base. There's not many people here. Just a few that are patrolling the area.
We entered the building and to be honest. It wasn't impressive.
Well, Wasn't impressive next to the training facility. It was much smaller and didn't look like it had much going for it.
Slade took me to a small room, smaller than my one at the training facility.

"This is where you'll sleep for a few days." Slade said.

"I won't be here for a few days. My target will be dead by tomorrow." I said confidently, raising my head and looking Slade in the eye.

"Really." Slade said.

"Yes. Trust me I got this."

Slade shook his head and then turned to leave.

"Do you have any idea who you are going to be fighting?" He said.

"A copy cat of me."

"No. You are going to be fighting Robin. Batman's sidekick. And when you fight the bird you are gonna be fighting the bat as well."

"I can take him."

Slade quickly turned back around and took out my legs as he did. I fell to the floor.

"HEY!" I exclaimed.

Slade towered over me and looked down at me.

"I just took you down in under a second. The Batman will be able to do it faster. So. Let me ask you this." He kneeled down so he was closer to me. "If you leave right now. Do you think you can take down Batman and Robin?"

I looked into his eye with determination as he glared at mine.

"Yes" I answered.

He stood up and started walking out of the room.

"No wonder you failed your first mission. Don't come crawling back when you fail." He said as he left.

I got up off the floor and dusted myself off.
What an asshole. I thought.
I threw my bag in the corner and laid down on the bed.
What does he mean I'll be fighting the Bat as well. Surely my clone would spend some time away from him.
What if Slades right? What if I can't beat Robin and Batman and I just come crawling back asking Slade to train me.
No. That won't happen. It's me. I got this. The only person I'm fighting is me. Literally. I know myself inside and out. I can take him.
First thing tomorrow I'm gonna go into Gotham and try to track down clone Grayson. Maybe I can find a weakness in him. Or maybe I can just shoot him. Either way.
Dick Grayson 2 is going down.