Chapter 12

I stood outside her window, looking in to see her sitting on the end of her bed texting on her phone.
She was still really beautiful with her red hair brushed back and the way she was smiling while looking at her phone.
I knocked on the glass of her window and she looked up. She saw me and her face brightened, but then it turned confused.
She got up and opened the window

"Dick?"

I climbed into her room.

"Hey Barbara."

I did some research on her as I was trying to find out where she lived and found out that her name was Barbara Gordon, not Barbie. I also learnt that she was the police commissioners daughter.

"Dick what are you doing here? That's so weird, I was just texting you..."

Her phone suddenly made a beep noise and the screen brightened. She turned her head towards it and stared at it for several seconds before her eyes widened.
Her face turned back to me.

"Wh. Who are you?" She stuttered. "Why do you look like my best friend?"

Alls I did was smile and I walked towards her.

"Why Barbara, it's me. Dick." I said coming closer.

"Stay away from me!" She exclaimed, giving me a shove back.

I staggered back a bit but kept advancing.

"Barbara, come on. It's me."

"I'm not afraid to hurt you."

"Why would you hurt me. We're frien..."

She punched me in the face and I fell back.
Alright, that was unexpected.
I got up to then be immediately beaten down again. This time she used her leg.

"Owww" I said. "How the hell did you learn to fight."

"I'm a black belt you impersonating prick."

She kicked me again and then ran for her phone. She picked it up and started rapidly typing.
I got up and tackled her to the ground. I grabbed her arms and forced them behind her back. She was struggling and she was way stronger than I ever thought she would have been.
I gotta knock her out. Find and pinch her pressure point.
I put my hand in between her neck and shoulder and pinched.
Barbara suddenly stopped moving.

"Dick. Have you got the girl yet?" Slade asked over the com link in my ear.

"Yeah. I got her. She put up a fight. But I got her."

"Good. Hurry up and bring her here. We're losing daylight."

__________________________

Robin Grayson POV

I frantically knocked on her door.

"Babs!" I yelled.

Damn. Her father, Commissioner Gorden, would be at the station. Barbara would've been home by herself. An easy target for him to get.
I remembered the message I received before rushing here.

Dick help a guy looks like you and he'ssjwmnd.

A guy that looks like me. He found her and he took her. Just to get to me.
I readied my shoulder and rammed the door. I kept doing this until it eventually burst open.
I then searched the whole house for her. But found nothing but her phone on the ground and a piece of paper on her bed.

I picked up the phone and turned it on. I knew her password so I opened it. The screen showed the last message she sent me. I put the phone down and grabbed the piece of paper that laid on her bed.
It turned out to be a photo of me, Babs and Wally. That was the day we went to the Central city fair.
Words were scribbled over the photo.

You want her. She's where we first met her. Don't bring the bat or she dies.

The old circus grounds. Obviously a trap. And I can't bring batman.
I looked at the photo again and got an idea. I took out my phone and dialled a number.

"Dude. What's up." The voice on the other end answered.

"Hey. How fast can you get here?"