Pack Mistress - Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Dean P.O.V.

My long awaited rise to power has finally come. I've always dissevered to be Alpha. How Leron tormented me with the way he got everything handed to him on a gold platter while I got nothing, but he's dead now. It was too easy, but I have his son to torment- like his father had done to me. Justice is served.

I waited years for the day of our till-death-fight to come; years of planning. If Leron's weakness was caring too much and being too sentimental, mine would be surprises. I don't work well without preparation and planning.

And that was my only excuse for what I did. I feel no guilt.

Aiden P.O.V.

I've never felt anger like this. All consuming hatred, it burned hot like larva under my skin- it seemed wrong that Trevor hasn't melted under my glare.

My eyes met with Kyries', hers' were fear filled and hopeless. My heart ached for her, the urge to protect her clouding my judgement. A squeak escaped from her throat as Trevor traced her lips with his pinkie finger.

The silence was cut by the quite, short pull of the zip of her dress by Trevor's unwelcome fingers.

I had to stop this. I couldn't let him have her like that!

My eyes settled on Dean, he only watched me -through out the show- I had his attention because this was for my benefit.

To make me angry, the son of the last Alpha. I'm the reason Kyrie is going to suffer, maybe even be killed at the claws of a newly changed and uncontrolled werewolf. I wont allow him to take another person I cared about!

"Why so glum?" Dean asked teasingly. My shoulders shook with the tension not to lash out. I'm just glad Trevor had stopped to watch our conversation- Kyrie is safe, for the moment at least.

"Stop the games, your Alpha now." I said coldly, spitting out the words.

"True, true." He nodded with a cruel smile. "But your 'perfect' father died too quickly, the ways he tormented me!" His voice turned bitter.

"Kyrie has nothing to do with your fight, just hit me. Just leave her alone." My jaw clenched with the urge to hit back- my self control could only last so long.

"On contraire, my dear and most hated enemy, this hurt is deeper then any flesh wound. Killing the one you love." He nodded approvingly of himself.

What does he mean "the ONE I love"? Like, In love? I care for Kyrie like a friend, but I don't love her!...Well, I do LOVE her, I love her a lot. But I don't want to be her boyfriend, or anything more than that, though the thought of her being with anyone but me is intolerable.

I looked at her then, she stared back with an intense worry for me. She loved me too, though I didn't admit it to myself, I think I've loved her all along. I love Kyrie, I love her like no one else. The thought seemed so right.

But the realisation that I love her -and if I lost her I'd never be the same- came at the worse time. 'Cause I was so close to losing her.

I couldn't let it happen. I just couldn't.

"Make Trevor leave Kyrie alone." I hissed out low and menacing.

"Why, Aiden?" He smirked. "She's the Pack Whore- It's all she's good for."

I snapped. I saw red, my heartbeat sounded heavy in my ears, I became very aware of hands which were balled into fists. My nails dug into my soft flesh.

My hyper aware state created a bubble, it was almost distant when my body struck like a snake, and punched his face.

My arm extended out, but he ducked. But my state was smashed into a million pieces when I saw my arm.