Pack Mistress - Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Kyrie P.O.V.

"Kyrie, wake up!" The voice yelled in a whisper. The soft, deep, attractive sound of Aiden's voice pierced my dream. "Don't make me find a glass of ice cold water to throw on you!"

"I'm up!" I said quickly, raising onto my elbows. The sound of yelling, and screams floated down to us in a muted version of the true volume.

"What's going on?" I asked confused. But I turned to him, his face but an inch from mine. Aiden's hair stuck up in a sexy-messy style, as he had just woke up. His lips moved as he said something. I watched the movement of those lips, watched his strong jaw move to form words. Words, I wasn't paying attention to.

"What was that?" I repeated, embarrassed.

"Oh, sorry." He leaned forward, probably assuming I couldn't here him over the noise. Thank you God. "I think it's the Glacies Luna pack attacking ours."

He let the statement sink in...

A billion questions floated my mind,

"Do they think I'm dead?"

"Would they leave without me if I stayed hidden?"

"Is that what I want, to stay here?"

"I'd be here with Aiden; but can't I have both my family and Aiden?"

"What if Aiden found out about me being the Alpha daughter?"

"Would he want me to leave if he found out?"

"Dose he want me to leave now?"

"Can I leave Aiden alone; to deal with Dean by himself?"

"Would Dean kill Aiden even if he let me leave to my family?"

"What about his partial change, is he going to be okay?"

"What if Dean makes Aiden's life hell after yesterday; and I'm not here to comfort him?"

"Is that all I can do, comfort him?"

"Maybe I could use my high standing in the pack to get dad to help Aiden?"

But that would involve telling him who I am to the Glacies Luna pack, their soon-to-be-Alpha. Would he hate me? I knew who he was from the beginning; the next Alpha of the Ignis

Vitualamen pack, and he thought he knew who I was. And I was me. For all the talks, the laughs, the comforting, all of it.

Will he see that?

Will it ruin any chance there might be that he may someday love me; as more then a friend?

"What should I do?" I said out loud, in a mumble.

He stroked my hair soothingly, and I responded by wrapping my arms around his shoulders for a hug. He didn't reject me. Would he when he knew?

The fear of him finding out - during the entire time I've been Pack Whore- was so distant, but now with fighting and maybe killing, going on upstairs, it seemed closer then ever.

I've made my decision. One I didn't entirely like myself. "Do you trust me?" I asked of Aiden, moving my head from burring in his shoulder, to looking him in the eyes.

"Yes." I felt bitter-sweet towards his answer as I would soon betray his trust.

"Help me get to the Glacies Luna pack." The statement hurt to say, along with the knowledge I would miss Aiden more then I would ever willing admit to him.