16

_______

_____
__

Your pov:

School was already done, and here I was working once again. Throughout the whole day I avoided Lauren at all cost. Luckily, I haven't seen her at all, or maybe it was because I kept my head down almost all day.

After the kiss, she pushed me again and ran out of the kitchen like a mad woman. I remembered standing there, just standing there — staring off to the empty room.

I was frozen in place, paralyzed, wanting to scream and never come back.

Alycia thought I was acting strange all day, and I can't blame her. Every time I looked at her there was  this wave of guilt. I wanted to tell her, but I didn't know how or how to explain myself.

  "Oh hey! Last night I kissed Lauren fucking Jauregui. The girl who bullied me and knocked me out cold."

Great way to summarize what happened.

  "Hey, could you copy these please?" I snapped out of my own thoughts, seeing Madison handing me a sort of papers. The girl looked at me with an amused look. Probably laughing in her mind at the thought of me zoning out. "Of course," I said as I took the papers from her hand. I've been warming up to Madison which is really good news, it was nice having a friend around, it gave me a reason to come to work — other than the fact I needed money. I flashed a toothless smile before turning around to make my way to the copy room.

"Wait! Y/N." I heard Madison. I only turned my head back, facing her. "Are you coming to lunch with everyone?" She asked, I looked at her confusingly. She read my confused look and decided to inform me the details. "Mr.Jauregui is treating all of us to lunch today. You should definitely come."

I glanced down to think about it for a second, then looked back at her, seeing her wait for an answer with a small comforting smile on her face. "Sure, why not."

___

I opened the entrance door, entering the restaurant. The place looked a bit too professional for my taste, but it was nice, the floor was marbled to create this reflecting effect, the walls were plain white with big squared windows to provide light and a lively feel.

"Y/N over here!" I heard. I looked at the direction from where I heard the noise and there was Madison waving at me with excitement, pulling out the empty seat next to her. I gave her a small wave before walking over to the table full of workers.

Everyone seemed to talk amongst themselves so it wasn't as awkward to arrive. I quickly thanked Madison for saving me a seat before plopping down. "Glad you can make it Y/N," Mike said over the talking, he sat all the way to the end of the table. I smiled and nodded since talking over them wouldn't get through to him, I had a soft average voice, it wouldn't work out.