21

___________

_______
____

Lauren's pov:

The one question that sticks around that certainly annoys me the most.

Do you believe in love?

Not only is it repetitive, but it's such a reliant question that determines how a person is. If you don't, sounds like you're cold hearted, but if you do believe in it — well you most likely see the good in people a lot, or even fell into a trap.

I wouldn't even dare put myself in a position with commitment. Routine: lead on, fuck, and go.

Saves time for the both of us.

"Don't you want me to hook you up with someone?" Normani asked me, I shook my head and chucked.

  "I don't need anyone," I replied.

I took love in consideration before. It was .. okay. Not what I really expected, it was more of a high expectation jumping into it all. My standards for guys were starting to lower itself.

We were currently at the local cafe where not most people come to, fortunately. Starbucks is where they usually go. Personally, it's overrated.

  The screeching of Normani's chair caught me off guard, making me immediately snap out of my daydream. I grabbed my coffee and glanced down, seeing the foam cream seek into the espresso, having this hazel color. If the smell wasn't intoxicating enough, the look of it was surely that.

I gazed back up to see Normani focused on her blueberry muffin. Not surprised she got it, it's her usual, along with my coffee. They have loads of boxes you could buy. I remembered the time Normani ordered two dozens.

I found it cute when she'd go on and on about her blueberr-

All of a sudden, muffin crumbs mixed with saliva were all over me. I closed my eyes just in time to prevent anything going in them.

"Are you fucking kidding me?!" I said through my gritted teeth. "Sorry!! It's just that - uh I thought the place you picked out was usually empty an-"

I cut her off, "and what?? Get to the point!"

I shot my eyes open, ignoring the crumbs on my face. There we I saw two people I'd least expect to show up in this cafe.

My stomach twisted and churned.

Envy. How can I envy a her when I despise her. There she was, holding someone else's hand. The sight was sickening.

I can tell Normani was feeling the same way from the glares.

Alycia got up on her tippy toes, cupping her hand to whisper to Y/N's ear. After, Y/N turned to face the girl, curving the ends of her lips and smiling with her girlfriend.