Chapter 2

I choose to be independent this year. It being my freshman year I find it to be a new start. I don't need a social life, I just need good grades and my family. I keep my own secrets, no one can go back stab me and no way my personal life would be able to spread anywhere. I have myself, no need for anything else.

"Liz-"

I watch as Mr.Urie makes his way to my half empty lunch table, the half that was there being on the other end of where I was.

"-can I sit?" he smiles and puts his tray down before I could even say a word. Taking off his shoulder bag and sitting down in the seat directly in front of me.

"Why aren't you sitting at the teachers table?" I grab my milk and take a sip, rolling my eyes and looking back at him to see if he noticed.

"You're sitting all alone, that's not right. Thought I'd be your friend for this long hour. I don't really like the other teachers anyway." he cracks, giving me a side smile and dropping his eyes.

"Tell me about it." he leans his hand over top of my tray and grabs my fry.

"That one looks good." he puts it in his mouth and starts to chew. Watching him with every movement of his mouth and wondering why he decided to take one of mine when he had his own. Though I didn't know what was going on it was delightful to watch him laugh at what he had done.

"Hey now-" I look up and smack his hand as he reached for another.

"-you have your own honey." why did I say honey? I call everyone honey but he doesn't know that. Never called my teacher that? He is gonna think I'm weird and he's gonna find out I like him in a weird way. Dang it.

"Well 'honey'-" he mocks.

"-your fries are better than mine." he smiles and I laugh as he reaches for another one.

"You're not gonna smack me again, right?" he laughs and picks them up.

"Lunch is about over and I'm not that hungry, you can have them." I explain.

"Sure." he looks at me with a polite but nervous smile.

I hear the bell ring and my heart dropped, I have to get out of this awkward spot. What is going on for Mr.Urie to sit with me?

"That's the bell see you next period." I stand up and make my way to the lunchroom door.

"Wait, Liz-" I turn around and Mr.Urie stands up.

"-walk you to your class?"

No way to explain the feeling that came over me. Him making his way to my side and holding open the door. When he put his hand on my back as we met side by side to make our way down the hallway.

"Oh hold on-" we stop and he looks at me and holds my face in his hand and throwing his other hand up and pulling a eyelash off my blushing cheek.

"-got it." he smiles.

What was that? What has happened? This is getting weird and I should like it but I don't. He's my teacher?

"Oh, well thanks." Smiling down and turning into my classroom.

"Wait-" He drops his bag and to turn around to notice him take a few steps closer.

"-make a wish." I look at him with embarrassment. A long side smile formed and a few chuckles came out of his mouth.

"Oh Okay." I grab his hand and close
my eyes. Blowing the thing God knows where.

"What'd you wish for?" he drops his hand out of mine

"If I tell you it won't come true." I smile and turn into my classroom.

My wish was to find a boyfriend and he didn't need to know that. He might have thought it was aimed at him.