Chapter 14

It's been weeks since me and Brendon had that mishap. My mom is finally home and school only has a week left in session.

We haven't talked and he barely looks at me in the classroom. I'm depressed and he notices, but he knows he is the reason, and he should know I won't take him back this time.

I told my mom I was sick and she is letting me stay home this last week, she asks me all the time if im okay and all I can ever say is 'sure', I don't wanna lie to her, but if I was to tell her I am then she'd fall apart.

She'd ask questions and I would have to answer honestly. But as long as I don't have Brendon here and as long as I have regrets, there will never be a place for me.

Nothing I say can chang what he did. Nothing I do can change how he treated me. I'm lost. Broken. Gone.

May 27
There is a knock on my bedroom door. I've been in here for weeks. Haven't talked to my mom in awhile. I'm
hurting.

"You have a visitor. I'm letting him in." My mom, knowing I want nothing to do with anyone opens my door and lets them in my room. I begin to cry, already knowing who it is. She flips the lights on and of course it's Brendon.

"I'll leave you at it Mr.Urie." She closes the door and I can hear her heavy and fast footsteps down the stairs.

He sits down at the desk beside my bed. I string the covers over me and bundle up in the corner. I continue to cry. I just stare at him and he can't even look at me. He gets up and makes his way to me. He pulls the covers off me and pulls me close. I fight it but he was just to strong. My head in his neck and his in mine. Fighting him to let me go.

"Please stop Liz. Just stop fighting me-" he cries and he begs.

Through it all, I felt safe. I was whole.

"Get off me Brendon."  Trying not to scream in fear. I didn't want my mom to find him cuddled up to me.

"I'm sorry. I am in love with you, and I've let you down an-" I smack him, trusting his next words were gonna cut like knives. 

I finally get him off and I trudge up. Getting out of bed and sitting in my floor, long sleeved t-shirt no pants of course.

"Don't act like you need me now Brendon."

All I could do was cry.

All we could do was cry.

"I was there for you, then I made the biggest mistake of my life. You were the only thing in my life that I wanted to stay there. I fucked up Liz. I'm sorry" He stands up and sits in front of me. He grabs my chin and pulls my head up.

"I love you." He gets up and walks out. Leaving me in my floor, cold and upset.

"I love you too."