Chapter 9

Waking up to a knock on my door at 5am isn't the greatest feeling in the world, I have school in 3 hours. But I get up and open it anyway, being cautious of course. I crack it open, still have asleep, and there stood Brendon in his boxers.

"What are you doing? It's 5am." I open the door a little more and notice he had his car keys in his right hand.

"Wanna go on a drive with me? You can sleep but I just want you to be with me for a little while. I saw someone over here and I don't want you hurt." He steps in and closes the door behind him, not needing my permission.

"It's 5am-" he stopped me with his eyes. Those sad and lonely little angel eyes.

"-but if there is someone here of course I want you to keep me safe. Where are we driving to?" he grabs me into a hug.

"It doesn't matter, you'll know when we get there." I felt safe in his arms. He made me feel like we were gonna be okay. He was gonna make it okay.

"Okay, Let me get dressed." I brush my teeth and walk downstairs to see if he needs to get dressed, i dont know how he's gonna teach in boxers, all the ladies would be staring him down. If I have school on three hours than ill just go to shill from there. I come back downstairs to find Brendon passed out on the couch, I was okay with it, he seemed a like he needed some rest. I lock the door and pull a blanket over him, removing his car keys and laying them on the table, he looks like a little angel. But through all this he awoke.

"Just come lay with me. Come on, we don't need to drive anywhere." He gets up to follow me but he swerved and went to the door.

"Get dressed and be outside in 20 minutes and hey-" he looked me right in the eye trying not to sound like a goofball and I could see that lump
in his throat disappear and his past return to the present.

"-i love you." I felt that. I felt that hit me like a truck.

"I love you too." I smile and run upstairs to get dressed. I love him. I think I do anyway.