II

chapter has been revised and edited on jan 1, 2019. not proofread.

"calm down. it's not like we'll be stuck together for eternity. all we need to do is wait until my cousin arrives back tomorrow."

sohee just about had enough of his bullshit and he could see it in her eyes as well. "look, let's talk about it over lunch. my treat okay?"

the only reason his lousy attempt to calm down her down worked was because she hadn't eaten anything since yesterday and was starving, and she thought it would be better to murder him with a full stomach. "fine."

"great. i know a great place nearby." he informed her. sohee only nodded as a response. "what's your name." she asked him cautiously.

"yoongi." he replied. "and you?"

"sohee." he smiled at her and she could feel her cheeks heat up. she found his gummy smile adorable despite the fact he had nearly killed her not long ago.

"give me your hand." he told her, earning a confused look. he sighed and grabbed her hand. sohee looked at their now intertwined hands, making her become flustered.

"what are you doing."

"if we hold hands the handcuffs won't be as noticeable. plus, people walking by would just think we were a couple." yoongi didn't even give her time to answer as he had proceeded to drag her out of the alley.

after ten minutes of walking sohee seemed to notice there were more couples outside and the color pink could be seen everywhere.

"uh, yoongi?"

"yeah?"

"do you perhaps know what day it is?"

he seemed to laugh at her question."it's february 14th. didn't you know?"

"it may have slipped my mind. i've been quite occupied since i left my apartment today." the tone in her voice was accusing.

"don't worry, i'll treat you to enough food to feed a thousand men."

"are you confessing to trying to make me fat?"

"what, of course not. why would you think that."

"you said a thousand men. why not a hundred, or ten."

"it's a figure of speech. i didn't mean it literally."

it wasn't long until they had arrived at what could be described as an extremely expensive restaurant. it made her uncomfortable to be inside of said restaurant due to the fact she had never been in one before. she stepped closer to yoongi feeling as if she was out of place and didn't belong.

"seulgi." yoongi called out. a girl who might have been a little older than him looked up from the bar she was working at and motioned for him to come.

"is that your girlfriend?"

he smiled at her. "no. just someone i wished was my girlfriend."

the girl who sohee assumed was seulgi approached them and gave yoongi a friendly hug while she just stood there and watched. she noticed by his body language and how he looked at her that he indeed seemed to be infatuated with her.

"it's great to you see you again. i haven't seen much of you after my wedding. why don't you visit more often?"

"i have been kinda busy the past few months. i promise i'll try to visit again soon."

liar sohee thought. though it was understandable why he wouldn't want to see her. it must be hard to see the one you love be happy with someone else.

"do you know when jin will be back from his trip?"

"he hasn't told me yet. i was sad that he left without me but i guess i had no choice. i have to be here to run the restaurant. still doesn't change the fact that my husband left me here on valentines day."

seulgi then eyed the girl next to yoongi. "and who might you be? oh, are you yoongi's girlfriend?" she implied looking at their hands.

sohee didn't even get the chance to answer when yoongi replied. "yeah, she is. i actually promised her to treat her to food so i think we'll leave now."

seulgi shook her head. "nonsense. you can eat here on the house. i do think of you as family."

yoongi's grip on sohee tightened significantly to the point it was turning purple. she chose not to say anything and endured the pain until seulgi had found them a table and sat down. as soon as she was gone sohee ripped his hand from hers in a frantic. she felt as if she had to cry from the throbbing of blood being furiously pumped into her hand after the long cut of circulation.

"jesus fuck are you alright? oh my god it's so red. why didn't you say anything?"

she avoided his eyes and only stared down her lap not wanting to answer his question. i pitied you she wanted to say, but knew that would only make him feel worse.

yoongi didn't need a reply from her. he knew the answer from the expression on her face. he felt terrible.

after that there was only silence between them. even when seulgi took their order she could see that there was something wrong but chose not to ask. it wasn't her place.

he was careful not to make much movement with his right hand so that she wouldn't be forced to move her wounded one. this made it harder for him to eat with his left hand since he was right handed and she could see that he was getting frustrated.

sohee wasn't mad at him for hurting her, she knew it wasn't on purpose. she was worried that he was angry at her for not saying anything, but after watching him struggle to eat with his non dominant hand for ten minutes she mustered up the courage and brought up a piece of meat up to his mouth.

he was hesitant at first as he stared at the meat not sure if he should accept it but it didn't seem as if she was going to budge until he would eat it.

yoongi finally decided and accepted the food she offered and looked at her to see the satisfied expression she had. it wasn't long after that that she started feeding him food from time to time. she was still embarrassed about the whole situation but it seemed that he hadn't notice.

between him eating and drinking he started explaining to her how the whole story started about him running away from the two bulky guys. it came to light that those were actually the bodyguards of his father who was some big deal ceo overseas. his father wanted yoongi to take over his company but he would rather follow his dream and become a record producer.

his father tried numerous times to bring him to his company but yoongi had stolen stainless steel handcuffs from him once when he had visited his father at work a few years ago. apparently his father's company was also part of a project back then to produce new weapons and items for the police to use since the rate of criminals escaping was getting higher.

stainless steel is hard to cut unless you have some powerful tools used specifically for the metal. yoongi used the handcuffs to cuff himself to whatever he could reach at the moment so the bodyguards could not take him with them. he made sure to strap himself to things that would be difficult to replace so it wasn't likely that they would just cut around the handcuffs and take him.

luckily yoongi's handcuffs were an old version of the ones that the police used today so they couldn't use keys of the same kind of handcuffs to release him. though today they had caught him off guard and he wasn't able to strap himself to anything and was forced to run.

"but what about me. why did you handcuff us together?"

"they saw us together and probably thought that i knew you. i was certain they would take you in to interrogate you or something. they're that extreme. i handcuffed us together because there were so many people out and i was pretty sure i had given you a concussion. if i only held your hand in that situation it was likely that i'd lose my grip on you in the crowd at some point. i just didn't expect that i would lose the key in the process."

"it's fine. we'll just wait for jin to come back and then our problem is solved. after that we'll return to our daily lives and continue as if we never met." sohee told him as an attempt to cheer him up.

"right. as if we never met." he repeated.