III

chapter has been revised and edited on feb 3, 2019. not proofread.

after thanking seulgi for the delicious meal they bid her farewell. the both of them agreed on going to yoongi's apartment to watch a movie or play board games to entertain themselves for the next few hours to pass the time. he had told her that his place wasn't far from the restaurant and that they would be there shortly.

they were in the midst of chatting about their hobbies when they had run into a friend of yoongi's who had hair so red it reminded sohee of traffic lights. the vibrant color could be seen from a mile away and he stuck out like a sore thumb.

they greeted each other casually and yoongi explained to his friend -which sohee had learned was named jimin- about the whole situation he had gotten himself into and how they were going to jin's the day after.

jimin laughed at his friend and introduced himself to sohee. he didn't even attempt to hide the fact that he was flirting with her even when he saw how yoongi gave him a disapproving look.

it was evident yoongi was against his friend flirting with sohee and forcibly pulled sohee closer to himself, using his body as a barrier between them.

"stop playing around. sohee deserves better than to be involved in your shenanigans." he told jimin in a harsh tone to which jimin responded by raising his hands up in defense.

"alright, calm your tits. i'll leave your girlfriend alone. it was nice to meet you sohee, but i think i'll take my leave now before he strangles me to death." just before he left he whispered something in yoongi's ear which caused his cheeks to turn the slightest tint of pink.

"what did he say?" yoongi's train of thought was interrupted when sohee spoke, and he seemed to become flustered at her question.

"nothing important." he answered dismissively. "we should get going it looks like it's about to rain soon."

he was right. as they arrived at his apartment it started to pour heavily outside. sadly they couldn't escape when it began to drizzle and their clothes had become damp. not being able to change clothes due to being handcuffed together they opted to drying themselves to the best of their efforts and then watch a movie with some hot cocoa and popcorn.

"could you go get the popcorn? they should be in the cupboard next to the fridge." yoongi absentmindedly asked her.

"sure no problem." she answered happily. sohee absolutely loved popcorn and was eager to get her hands on some that she had forgotten the fact that she was attached to someone else. without a second thought she walked in a quick manner towards the cupboard he had instructed her to go to.

much to her surprise she was pulled back and so suddenly that she fell backwards, taking down yoongi with her who was in the process of making cocoa. the unexpected pull to the ground made him drop the can of cocoa powder he had in his hands which resulted in it exploding everywhere.

it took a minute or two for the both of them to even start comprehending what had happened as they lay next to each other on the floor in complete shock.

"that was—" sohee trailed off.

"—interesting." he finished.

they were appalled at the state the kitchen was in as they stood up from the floor. there was cocoa powder spread everywhere on the ground and kitchen counters. sohee looked at yoongi to say something when she laughed.

"what's so funny."

"you have powder on your face."

"what, where?" he started to wipe his face with his hand but sohee stopped him before he could make it worse.

"don't do that, you're just smudging the cocoa and making it worse."

making sure to be careful, she walked towards where a cloth lay -powder free- and ran it under warm water for a few seconds then turned to face yoongi.

"i need you to stay still." she ordered and inched closer to him than what would be deemed appropriate. "all—"

sohee was fully concentrated on getting rid of all the powder on his face to notice yoongi who stared down at her intently.

"—done."

a strong tension could be felt in the air at the close proximity the two were in and sohee was beginning to become flustered under his stare. she was the first to break eye contact and instinctively took steps back, creating a safe distance between them. "we should clean this mess up."

"yeah, we should." he finally answered.

following the messy aftermath of cleaning the kitchen they managed to make hot cocoa and pop popcorn without another incident occurring and made their way into the living room.

"what do you want to watch." he looked to his side after receiving no response and saw sohee gently holding one side of her earlobe while she stared down at her lap, a habit he'd noticed she would make whenever she was deep in thought.

"i heard from a few friends that bird box was a good movie, and it's registered as horror so it's right down my alley."

"you like horror?"

the tone of his voice was laced with shock, much to her dismay. "what, can't girls enjoy watching horror films?"

"of course they can, it's just that, i'm a wuss when it comes to horror." he admitted, staring at sohee in anticipation for her response.

"no worries, i'll protect you if you get scared. otherwise we can always go for other genres."

yoongi's shoulders slouched down as he heard her say that, not realizing that he had been holding his breath this whole time. he was afraid that she would make fun of him for showing her his weak side.

"it's alright. i trust you to keep me safe. if you break your promise i'll never speak to you again."

"stop doubting me, i rarely break my promises."

"if even a single tear drop falls, i won't forgive you."

"you're such a drama queen." she grinned at the boy next to her who had wrapped a blanket around himself to act as a protective shield.

"i might cry if i get scared. it's your fault if that happens. you have to pinky promise."

he then held up his hand with his pinky finger sticking out.

"isn't that a little bit over the top—"

"just promise me."

sohee laughed and hooked her pinky with his. "i promise, you big baby."