epilogue + christmas special

"Yoongi? Yoongi-ah?" Sohee called out to her boyfriend, checking in to their room to see no one there. She then made her way to the kitchen, the lights still on.

It's been three years since they had started dating and they finally decided to move in together, it being the best decision they had made in a long time.

She felt as if her presence was the only one in their house, everything so quiet. It wasn't until she heard the rustling of keys outside the front door that she figured that he had gone out for awhile without her noticing.

Opening the door Yoongi was surprised to see his girlfriend standing before him.

"S-Sohee, what are you doing here?" He asked her, panic mixed in his tone of voice.

"I live here?" She replied, uncertain of the reason why Yoongi was behaving like this.

"Where did you go? I didn't notice you leaving." She walked towards him, only for him to quickly run past her heading straight to their room.

"Yoongi wait!"

She heard the bedroom door shut and worry began to fill up her mind, wondering what he had gone out so late at night for.

She couldn't help but to think the unthinkable, her heart sinking at the thought of Yoongi having an affair with another woman behind her back.

She made her way and sat down on the living room sofa feeling dizzy. Yoongi cheating on her wasn't impossible, and by the way he had been acting the last couple of days had her doubting his love for her.

'Maybe he got bored of me.'

She thought and fiddled with the hem of the soft fabric of her sweater, her eyes brimmed with tears. How she adored Yoongi and every little thing he did and to think that she might be losing him terrified her.

"Jagiya?" She heard him whisper.

He had come downstairs after it being quiet for too long only to hear the soft sniffles of his girlfriend.

"Hey why are you crying? Please don't cry." Yoongi hurriedly made his way to her, as she continued to cry in silence.

He crouched down before her, trying to meet her gaze, only for her to look away embarrassed for him to see her like this.

"I'm fine. I'm just tired right now." She lied, holding back the tears as much as she could.

"You're not fine, Sohee. How about you get some rest and we will talk about this tomorrow."

She nodded her head, taken aback when she was suddenly picked up bridal style by her boyfriend. Clutching to his shirt she was afraid of falling, hurting herself, and Yoongi.

"Yoongi!"

She took a glance towards their christmas tree in the corner, noticing no decorations hung up yet. She then remembered being so occupied with worries of where Yoongi was that she forgot about the tree.

"What about the tree? We can't leave the tree like that, christmas eve is tomorrow." She said lowly, almost inaudible for Yoongi to hear.

"We can decorate it later. Right now you need to rest."

"Araseo." He smiled at her, planting a kiss on her forehead.

"Goodnight." She heard him whisper softly but couldn't respond, exhaustion taking over her body. The door closed behind her, before slowly falling into a deep slumber.

☁️

The next morning she woke up, gazing at the time to see it was only ten in the morning. Finding Yoongi nowhere in sight she figured he had work and quietly made her way to the living room hoping that Yoongi wouldn't mind her decorating all by herself.

Entering the room she gasped at the sight before her, the christmas tree decorated so marvelously and wondered if Yoongi had decorated it all by himself.

"Do you like it?"

Slowly turning around she met Yoongi's gaze with a smile. He stood up from the sofa and made his way to her.

"Did you do this?"

"Yup, with the help of Jimin and the others. Why don't you take a closer look at the tree?"

She knitted her eyebrows at her boyfriend. Was there something she had missed?

Walking forwards a bright blue ribbon seemed to hang from the tree with something tied loosely to it.

She gently grabbed the ribbon and carefully took it out, a rose gold (engagement) ring dropping into the palm of her hand.

"Huh? What is this—"

She turned to face her boyfriend, only to see him on one knee, the same familiar gummy smile on his face as he gently took a hold of her hand. She started tearing up, having dreamt of this moment for so long.

"The first time I laid eyes on you was when I was running away from people who were forcing me to marry a woman I didn't love. That woman had broken my heart so badly I thought I would never fall in love again.

I was beyond happy when we spent time together, even though we were handcuffed at that time. It was a feeling I hadn't felt in a long time, and to think it would be with the one I want to spend the rest of my life with made it even better.

I'm not really good at these kind of things so i'm just going to say it." He told her and took a deep breath before continuing, squeezing her hand softly.

"Kim Sohee, will you waste the rest of your life with this dork, 'till death do us part?"

"Yes, I most definately will."
--

i am so sorry that this epilogue is so badly written. the epilogue i previously wrote and was going to use was deleted and didn't notice until on christmas day (today), a few hours before i am to attend a birthday/christmas party.

i still have a lot of things to do so i only had time come up with this. anyways, i hope you enjoy and to all, i wish you a merry christmas.