Chapter Four

CHAPTER FOUR

Her New Home

In a few more minutes, they reached the chic and comforting mansion where he lived. 

His employees were all lined up as soon as they entered the door. They were all dressed up in suit. 

He introduced her first to everyone. “Ladies and gentlemen, I would want all of you to meet my future wife, Katherine Gonzales. She will live with us here from now on.” 

His employees bowed their heads. 

Then he introduced his staff to her one-by-one. His left hand was on her waist and introduced them to the oldest man in the group, “This is Mr. Ambrosio Querubin. We all call him Manong. He is my right hand man. He’s like a brother to my father and an uncle to me. He sometimes stays here in the house.” 

With a welcoming smile, Mr. Querubin told Katherine. “I am very glad that finally Derek found a wonderful woman to settle with. Feel free to tell me of his bad behavior and I’ll reprimand him for you. I’m just kidding, hija. Derek is a very good man. I’m sure he would always be at his best behavior. Make him a happy man, hija.” 

Katherine acknowledged it with a timid smile, “I’ll try my very best, Manong.”   

They moved next to another man on his mid-thirties, “This is Mr. Raoul Gimeno, my executive assistant/secretary. He is with me most of the time. He sometimes stays in this house too.” 

Raoul smiled and said, “It’s a pleasure meeting you, ma’am.” 

Katherine smiled and nodded at Raoul then uttered, “Thanks.” 

Next to Raoul was his deputy, an ordinary looking woman on her late twenties. “This is Raoul’s deputy. What is your name again, Miss?” 

The deputy gave her name, “I am Miss Gelli Amurao, sir, ma’am.” 

Derek spoke again. “Miss Amurao, aside from being Raoul’s deputy, you will also work for my fiancée as her executive secretary/assistant.” 

“It’s a honor, sir, ma’am,” Miss Amurao had acknowledged. 

They moved next to another man on his late thirties, “This is Capt. Carlito Quizon, my jet and helicopter pilot as well as my yacht navigator.” 

Carlito said with a smile, “Good evening, ma’am. May you enjoy flying and sailing with us in the future.” 

Katherine smiled, “I will look forward to that Capt. Quizon.” 

They moved next to the other side, Derek introduced his driver who was in late twenties. “You already met Alex Buena a while ago. He is my personal male servant, my driver and my bodyguard. He usually travels with me along with Raoul and Carlito.” 

Alex smiled and said, “Welcome to your new home, ma’am.” 

“Thanks,” Katherine shortly replied with a smile. 

They moved next to a woman on her early fifties, “This is Mrs. Lucia Buena. She is Alex’s mother. She is the majordoma of the house. Nanay kindly introduced Katherine to our household staff.” 

The old woman spoke up, “Miss Katherine, meet our three housemaids – Ada, Myrla and Emma.” The three housemaids bowed their heads. “Our cook – Angelito,” the male cook bowed. “Our gardener – Santiago,” the gardener bowed, “Our drivers and security personnel – Max, Fred, Godo, Greg and Primo,” the men bowed as well.”