Chapter Ten

CHAPTER TEN

Her Life as Future Mrs. Z

Katherine had slowly adjusted to her new life as Frederick Zuñiga’s fiancée. 

She continued with her studies. She had finished all the requirements for her course during that summer and also enrolled for the next first semester for June. Her own study area was set up in the library. 

She has chosen a wedding coordinator and started making plans for the wedding. She had always consulted Derek on her decisions. Gelli had already arranged their schedules so as Derek could also attend their meetings with the coordinator. 

Katherine had also chosen a drum and guitar instructor. Gelli also put on the classes to her schedule.   

Katherine also started making plans for the special education academy that she wanted to establish. Minette had counseled her on the legalities. They already started looking for a site. They also coordinated with a construction firm that would help her with the design and eventually build the academy. Giselle inputted her ideas. 

She also took over of all his charity works with the help of Minette, Lorna and Gelli. She was able to visit the homes he had been helping; meet the people – old and young he had been providing for; and attend charity events. His charity works were not known to many. He didn’t allow it to be publicized. The paparazzi had stopped following him since he just dated one woman. 

Katherine was also able to make new friends. She had met all of Derek’s relatives in both of his parent’s side. Her brothers and Giselle frequently visited her as well at the mansion. 

Katherine was also able to accompany Derek in all of his gambling activities all over the world. Raoul and Gelli had made sure she had the complete travel documents in those countries they had to go. Katherine also encountered a few more women who had sexual affairs with Derek.

As for their intimacy level they had always cuddled and kissed whenever they were together. But they only got to sleep together for long whenever they travelled abroad. They were most intimate whenever they travelled. For a while, she didn’t get to learn other lessons of intimacy from Derek. They just enjoyed making out within their upper bodies. Katherine had learned not to mind Raoul, Alex, Carlito and the other employees whenever they were being caught kissing intensively.  

Whenever they were in the country, Derek had to work on nights. They only got to eat lunch and dinner together. They also got to practice target shooting together once in a month. Derek had been busy with work because he was setting up another resort and casino in Reoul City, Ramad. He didn’t usually take Katherine on his trips within the country so as to give her more time for her own endeavors. 

They were still on the courtship period, getting-to-know stage. Their relationship had progressed each passing day. They were able to know more about each other. 

But with all of these, Katherine still longed for her father’s affection. Yaya Letty had been allowed to visit her at the mansion. But her father never visited her. Her brothers had assured her that their father would walk her down the aisle on their wedding because Derek had requested and their father had agreed. 

July 9, 2011. Saturday. Derek was still in Reoul City, Ramad when a fire red 2011 Ashton Martin Rapide Sedan with chancellor red leather seat trim was delivered at the mansion in the morning just after she and Giselle had breakfast.   

Giselle had kept her company for a while because her brother was on a long duty while Derek was in staying for a while in Reoul City, Ramad. Giselle felt so ecstatic seeing the car.