"Let's Go!"~Chapter 10

Chapter 10

'Let's Go!'

###Maria Matthew's P.O.V###

All the while i was eating he kept smoking while staring into blank space like he is in his own world, he wasn't wearing the leather jacket anymore though. I was glancing at him occasionally. I decided to ask him to join me since even he hasn't eaten anything, at least not in front of me. I voiced out my offer. I don't usually like to eat alone. I always have someone or the other with me. He didn't say anything in response just took a last blow before throwing his cigar out the of window.

I guess he is joining me... And he did join me after closing the window. He took the spinning chair from near my study table and dragged it closer to the bed and placed himself on the chair.

"I want to talk to you about something... " He trailed off studying me with the same unknown expression, i guess waiting for me to respond in any way... I don't know how should i response.

I am not good with talks because they most of the time lead to the worst. Like the one i had with my mom and thats how i ended up meeting him... Now i don't know what i will end up with after this talk. He just took a sandwich when i motioned him to eat and sighed when he saw that i don't plan on responding him anytime soon. What's  the use of responding though? He never answers my questions, neither does he obey me.

"All of your actions ever since i met you, says that you used to live with someone. You ran back home suddenly and when i followed you, i found you sobbing in front of a corridor. Later on, your panic increased as the distance between me and that corridor decreased."

"That's..." I tried interrupting him to stop him from saying further because i kind of had an idea where this was leading too. But i myself ended up getting interrupted. Like usual he din't give me an option and just shushed me before he continued.  

"As i was saying before i got interrupted" He paused to give a warning look, so that i don't interrupt him further. "Somehow i came to a conclusion that both your sobs and your panic is something related to that corridor...But then when i was cooking in the kitchen you misunderstood me as someone else and you had started saying something, but stopped mid-way when you saw that it was me  and not who you expected it to be. And if i heard it right then what you said was 'Mom'. So this tells me that maybe someone used to live with you and has left but you my dear have still not recovered from the loss." He was staring directly in my eyes while saying all this but when your mom is someone like Sofia Matthew you know how to keep your expressions guarded, no matter what. He cautiously observed me for a moment before continuing. Like afraid of something... I decide to wait for him to finish what he wants to say then respond in any form or way.

"Then when you more than once, used the word 'We' instead of 'I' which is when i asked you about the back door which was left open. Which proves my theory right. For confirmation, i tried to ask you about it but you said there is no possibility of anyone entering or leaving the house. Which again confirmed my theory. But if i am right and no one lives with you and even when someone, most probably your mom used to live with you, in all cases the door wasn't being used then how come it was left open? This question is what tells me that something is wrong, which shocked me since i know what i need to know but this piece of information is new. Hence i told you to let me check your whole house, but like always you didn't obey." He paused for a while, rubbing his jaw deep in thought.