𝐢𝐢𝐢. destined for hell

chapter three

chapter three. . .
destined for hell

MALIA WALKED THROUGH the New York institute, as her hazel orbs focused on her phone. She had gotten a notification from the find your friend app, and it was telling her that Simon was near. Her brown locks bounced on her shoulders just as she looked up hoping to find one of the shadowhunters she had met 48 hours ago. But as she looked up from the screen of her Samsung galaxy she saw Clary and Ben walking in and following after them, as if they were lost, was Simon. "There's a lot of gear in here. What'd they do, rob a tech shop?" Simon questioned, he was the only normal person in the room and just by looking at him you could tell he was bewildered by it all.

"Simon." Malia breathed out, he sighed in relief, he hadn't heard from her for two days and when he saw her run out of the club he was concerned. Her arms wrapped around him as he hugged her back, her eyes tightly closed shut as she took in his company.

"Thank god, you're okay. I tried ringing you. And Veronica." Malia quickly pulled away as she looked at Simon. "She didn't answer either so I got scared."

"Veronica?" Malia questioned as her brows arched, she believed that even with her foster mother being at her spa weekend she'd still respond to any phone call she received.

"Malia?"

Her head shook as she pushed some of her hair behind her ear. "It's okay. I just feel like something's wrong."

"Wow, you're covered in tattoos."

"They're not tattoos." Jace corrected as he appeared behind Malia. "They're called Runes. Ben, you let him in here?"

"Well, I had no choice." Ben told as he stood at one of many screens within the Ops Centre. His eyes focused on the CCTV footage from outside of the NYPD trying to get in, considering there was a dead body outside of what looked like a Church but really held a home for many people.

"So this cold-blooded killer is gonna help us?"

"He's not a killer." Clary defended the dirty blonde who continued to tap on the screen. "He's protecting us." She told him.

"Specifically, you." Ben stated before looking away from the screen. "You know, it's sort of our thing."

"Your thing? You guys have a thing?"

"He means a Shadowhunter thing." Clary answered.

Malia slowly looked up at her best friend as she used her thumb to twist the ring she had on her ring finger on her right hand. "That's what they do, Simon. They protect humans from demons."