𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. taken

chapter thirty-three

chapter thirty-three. . .
taken

JUST LIKE HER friends, Malia had believed that it was too easy for them be locating Madzie. If Valentine and Veronica didn't want her to be found then it would've meant he would've blocked her from tracking either through magic or through runes. It was just too easy leading to Malia falling into concern as she rested beside Clary thinking of how much time she had left as the Fairchild had gotten weaker from the start of their drive to when they had stopped as Jace had believed he had narrowed down Madzie's location. Clary's skin was paler and she felt colder than she had at the start of the day from when the blood oath spell had started to take off.

Malia pursed her lips as she watched how the three boys had jumped out of the vehicle. "Stay here." Jace told after closing the door behind him and his leave from the two girls. "We'll be right back." He reassured causing Malia to nod as she had trusted Jace, and she believed he was going to help save the Fairchild from her death.

The two girls had been left alone and Malia had put so much faith into Jace and Ben's hands. "They're going to find Madzie." Malia comforted at the redhead who's head fell onto her shoulder to never forget the bond between her and her half-sister.

Clary had thought of it being the perfect time for herself and Malia to talk, she worried that she didn't have enough time to tell her what she wanted and who she had felt. "Malia, I was telling Simon and Ben that--"

Malia raised a brow. "Not to allow Valentine and Veronica to take you alive?" She guessed causing the Fairchild to nod as she wondered how her sister had guessed that so easily. "I figured you would've said it. I told Jace too."

"You should know, Malia." The banshee looked down at her best friend with confusion. "I love you."

Malia's nodded with the confession. "I love you, too, Clary." She admitted before she had noticed how Simon had stood alone outside of the van in a panic causing her brows to furrow in confusion.

"And thank you." Malia pulled her attention away from the Lewis and looked down at the redhead. "For being honest with me and not just feeding me something I wanted to hear."

"I really hope they find Madzie, Clary." Malia told as her head bowed. "I really hope."

"THANK GOD, I have you." Simon sighed in relief causing the banshee's brows to furrow in confusion as she rested against the front of his van. From a phone call from Luke, Simon had realised how much danger not only Clary was but Malia. The Downworld didn't want Malia or Clary to have the chance of reaching the Soul-Sword to activate it, meaning that half of the Downworld wanted the two girls dead before they had ruined their world. Malia had understand how frightened the Downworld had been but the must've been stupid to think she wouldn't go down at least without a fight. She knew to stay away from the Soul-Sword and as did Clary.