𝐱𝐢𝐱. the unfortunate hard truth

chapter nineteen

chapter nineteen. . .
the unfortunate hard truth

A REUNION WAS in the mist as Jace Wayland faced his father, Michael Wayland, believing that he had died when he was a child. Malia was confused as she had known that Jace's only family he had were the Lightwoods. He believed that anyone he was truly related to were dead and seeing his father pushing himself out of the cupboard had sucked the air out of him, Jace was so sure that he had watched his father die and he remembered that as if it was yesterday.

Malia stared between Jace and Michael, seeing tears fall from Jace's eyes as he was dumbfounded with the sight of Michael making his approach. The man was covered in filth due to the amount of time he had been held captive by Valentine Morgenstern, and Malia questioned for just how long that time had been.

"Dad?" Jace questioned.

"Son." Michael had been quick to embrace his son missing the hold he had of his boy who was more like a man than the last time he had seen him. "Oh, Jace. I can't believe it." He had been quick to pull away as his hands rested on his son's shoulder's questioning how he had been found after years of being held captive. "How did you find me?"

Jace's fingers brushed against Michael's jaw, questioning if this was real or not. For the time he thought he hadn't had a father it couldn't be true that at of all days he just happened to appear. "You're dead." Jace stated recalling what he had seen. "Valentine killed you. Valentine's...Valentine's here."

"No, Jace." Michael reassured proving that it was him. "It's me." The man had soon took interest to the three who watched their reunion and he was prepared to introduce himself. "I'm Michael Wayland. I'm Jace's father. Look, I know what Jace told you, but I've been here for ten years. Valentine took off and left me."

"And Jocelyn Fairchild?"

Michael nodded. "And Veronica Morgenstern." He added causing Malia's eyes to widen. Valentine had Veronica this entire time. "He took them with him. You are?"

"I'm Clary, her daughter." The redhead introduced as she tried t keep Ben up on his feet as he grew weaker with the ravener venom in his blood.

"I'm Malia," The Banshee donated a small smile as she held eyes with Michael. "Veronica, she, um, adopted me when I was a baby. A-And..." Her attention fell onto the quiet blonde resting into Clary. "That's Ben."

"Meliorn, the Seelie, told me that he was here with her." Clary stated. Ben had stumbled forward, making it impossible for Clary to hold him up by herself and which had caused Jace to pull away from Michael. "Ben, no!" Michael's brows furrowed in confusion. "It's ravener venom. He kept tell us he was all right."