𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢. strength of parabatais

chapter twenty-six

chapter twenty-six. . .
strength of parabatais

ZANE DAVENPORT'S BROWS furrowed in confusion from where he sat in the passenger seat of Malia's car. With what was happening with Alec, and Ben being unable to pick up a sword she needed to go outside and she needed a second to think. It meant driving around to try clear her head. Her fingers tapped on the wheel of her car as she listened to the GPS leading them in direction a good coffee place to get them to stop and think about everything that has happened to them in the past couple of days. Zane had survived the Circle rune being carved off from the side of his neck and replace by the Angelic rune after hearing his trial in Idris. He was soon to be starting working in medical within the New York Institute, he didn't know how Malia had managed to persuade Victor, but she had done it.

His brows were furrowed because of the fact how Malia was silent, her attention strictly on the road ahead and even though her fingers tapped a slight rhythm on the wheel, her knuckles were turning white with the tightened grip. "Malia," Zane broke the silence between them both and which had caught her hearing attention. "are you all right?" He asked.

Malia hummed in response. "Fine." She reassured whilst glancing away from the road to force a smile towards the Davenport. "Apart from the fact that Alec is in a coma and Ben can barely pick up a sword. God knows what Jace is feeling right now."

Zane rested a comforting hand on her shoulder. "They'll be fine."

"I know you're new to this whole thing, Zane, but..." Malia sighed as she questioned how she was supposed to explain her feelings. "when I get these feelings they're never good."

"What are you saying, Malia?" Zane questioned as he studied her in order to understand where her mind was. "You think that Alec may die?"

"I don't want to say it or think it." Malia let out a shaky breath as she turned the wheel of her car in following of the GPS. "But I know that time is running out for Alec and it can't."

Zane didn't know what to say. Malia was right he was new to the whole Shadow World and he wasn't going to understand it at the very moment, it may take a lot of grasping as sometimes he could be very in denial. The Davenport's attention fell to what surrounded them outside of the window, he was curious as to what coffee shop they were going to. "So, where is this coffee shop?"

Malia shrugged. "No idea. I've never been but I thought we'd try something new."

"You've never been?" Malia pouted as her head shook in reply. "So how do you know where it is?"