𝐯𝐢𝐢. retrieving faded memories

chapter seven

chapter seven. . .
retrieving faded memories

   MALIA MASSAGED HER the side of her head, the throbbing had kept her awake for majority of the night, and the voices she heard had been which she had tried to drown out with the use of doodling. Every now and then, when the whispers got harsher and louder she had grimaced. The Adams' fingers ran through her hair as a heavy sigh escaped her lips before placing the tip of her ball point pen back onto the piece of paper she doodled on, trying her best to keep herself distracted from the irritating voices.

    The brunette had continued to keep herself occupied, before there was a light knock on her bedroom door, and as she swivelled in her seat her eyes came to fall onto Jace who stood within the doorway of what was now her new room. "Jace." Malia greeted before placing her pen to the side of the notebook before pushing herself to her feet. For the past day Jace had been trying to figure out more about what Malia could be, and as it had kept digging, he suspected he'd have more information to give out, but he hardly had any. "Please tell me you have something." Malia pleaded.

   Jace frowned as his head slowly shook. "There's nothing. For once I think we know nothing about something. I looked through archives, and there's nothing I can tell you." Malia blew into her lips before her arms crossed over her chest. "But we'll figure it out, Malia. We'll get answers that we all need."

   Malia's head bowed whilst she shifted on her feet. "I hate being left in the dark, especially on things that are about me. It's like finding out I was adopted all over again."

    Jace frowned at the brunette who went through the same stages of life as he did, but he had a family that took him in and treated him as their own. Malia had that but for majority of her life she had been lied to, and when she found out that she was adopted she was just fourteen. That day had made the truth between her and Veronica easy to come out, apart from the Shadow World.

    "We'll figure it out, Malia." Jace reassured.

     Malia donated a smile towards the blonde, questioning if it was possible given everything that was once impossible. "Malia!" The brunette was quick to turn on her feet, her eyes flickering to adjust on Clary who stood within her doorway, the look of panic flickered over the Fairchild's face. "Malia."

    "What's happened?" Malia worried.

    "It's Simon."

    MALIA HAD BEEN quick on her feet to rush after Simon who had been moving at a dazzling speed, the speed he did when run away from the kid that picked on him in high school. The Adams called after the Lewis, hoping he'd stop and listen to her protest before he had chosen to flee from the Institute which had been looking after him since the attack from the vampires. "Simon!" Malia called after him, as the heels of her wedges prodded against the ground. All she wanted to do was catch up to him and get him to talk about what he was feeling. "Simon, what are you doing?" Malia asked as she ran down the couple of steps.